No bonus heroes?

DyingLegend
DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
I've been opening a fair share of tokens in the past week and havent seen any bonus heroes lately. I have them selected and last week I was earning them here and there as usual, but this week I haven't earned any. I checked with my Alliance and many of them haven't seen any recently either. Am I just unlucky or is anyone experiencing this? 

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    probably just unlucky....i did get a bonus hero on Friday and still get them here and there
    my last 2 were both from standards with a heroic on the same day as the first of them
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    It seems that the drop rate for the bonus heroes decreased a lot. At least it did for me. I know it's supposed to be random, but nothing here seems to be.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I just got a 5* BH yesterday (my second 5* BH in total) so I can confirm it's not totally broken. 

Let's all keep in mind that a 5% chance is not very high. It's your crit chance in DnD, and anyone who plays DnD (or rolls d20s for whatever other reason) can tell you that you can go many more than 20 rolls without rolling a '20'. And then sometimes you get 3 in a row. It's still random. 

Random != evenly distributed.
  • Kavosseay
    Kavosseay Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I've definitely noticed less 3* BH in the last week or two. I used to get 1-2 a day, now it's 1-2 a week. Seems like they tweaked it to be 5% only if you actually draw a 3* instead of 5% overall when opening an elite/heroic token.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Just got a bonus 3* Hawkguy when my Come and Get Me token pulled 3* Thanos today. 
  • Kavosseay
    Kavosseay Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I'm not saying they don't happen at all, just much more rarely for 3* BH now.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once the last update/title screen change, I started earning them more consistently. I found that you really have to save up a bit of tokens to get a bonus hero to happen. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, if you pull more tokens at once, you're more likely to see a bonus hero. Still the same 5% chance per draw, though.