Panthers Prey TU doing nothing [Devs Aware] (merged threads)

Options
GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2017 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
Several times now I have used 5* Black Panthers black power as a TU.  The CD fires, but no extra damage is done to the target.  So basically it does nothing.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    If you haven't already, I'd put in a ticket just to make sure CS has a log of the issue for the devs.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've seen the same and will also put in a ticket.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey guys, I've discussed the case with the rest of the team, and it seems that the developers are aware of this problem. They are working to resolve the issue, so we'll need to be patient until the problem is solved. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In a match yesterday I was faced with one remaining opponent, a Hand Kishu. I couldn't counter one of his smoke bomb tiles, so he dropped 2 strength 300-ish protect tiles on the board, that made my match damage drop to 1. Figuring I didn't want to eat more caltrops before I could fire a finishing power (he had about 1K health left), I used a BP 'Panther's Prey' team up to speed things up. It placed a countdown that should have added around 1K of extra damage. However, I noticed I was still doing only 1 damage in matches

Did anyone else see this?
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. Would upload video if i knew how. 
  • DeNappa
    Options
    I had another BP team up in my inventory so I tried it again to make sure it wasn't just due to some protect tiles that I missed noticing. I can confirm it doesn't add the extra damage it advertises.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • DeNappa
    Options
    Oh, I didn't find that one. I checked https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63790/bug-status-list-updated-05-18-17 but didn't see it listed there. It's the same issue, though :mrgreen:.

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm bumping this back up. Panther has been out now for, what... 7 months?? And the lone TU he gives is STILL broken? That seems ridiculous.

Can we get an update on when this will be fixed? It's not on the list of items Tombstone referenced as known issues and the last time a red even acknowledged/responded was 3 months ago.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the problem with this power is that it basically works like a passive that requires the countdown to be present.  This is similar to Thanos purple which prevents other powers from altering the board.  Both of these effects (preventing board changes and extra damage to one target) can be temporarily lifted by stunning Thanos or BP, just as you can prevent a passive from operating.

@Tombstone I think the simplest fix here is just to mark BP's black power as ineligible to be a TU.  It might not be the most popular choice, but it's consistent to how this power and others like it operate.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There is a Black Panther Team-Up power (you can get it from your alliance teammates) that supposedly makes I think it's a black Countdown tile that is supposed to inflict an extra 1000 or so damage every time a target takes damage.

But it doesn't work.  Even when there is only one enemy then the power is triggered (so no chance of mistargeting), it does nothing.

I'm guessing it's because Black Panther isn't actually on the team - the power comes into play through team-up.

Anyways it doesn't work.
  • Tupou
    Tupou Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If this is true, I feel bad for sending some people 5* Black Panther assists. 
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't log in right now because there's a PC-on-Steam issue.
    But it is true.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Known issue. No idea when we might get a solution, tho.
  • Dayv
    Options
    [merged new thread into existing one]
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we please just remove this as a TU? I agree with Dayv's response 7/24 (!!!). This is getting ridiculous (and embarrassing).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah that's probably the easiest fix at this point. It's not like people want it to be a team-up. They just want their team-ups to work.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Yeah that's probably the easiest fix at this point. It's not like people want it to be a team-up. They just want their team-ups to work.
    Actually, I'd love it as a working TU, it's an incredible skill, but its mechanics just aren't designed to be a TU.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I suppose that was a generalization on my part.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are they ever going to fix the 5* Black Panther (black) TU? It has never work since his release.