Strange Sights is the Best PvE.

Options
2»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is anyone else hoarding their SS tokens? Ive decided not to open them and wait until the next go round.  My 4s are an Eddie Brock, a 6th cover on a 5/2/5 character (Professor X) and a champ level (Marvel).

Since I only get one token for the mini vaults I guess I could open them, but that 5 CP hurts so much compared to the old rewards.
    I gutted my Strange Sights vault (37/80), and still missed most of the left side rewards, only getting a Nova cover for my trouble.

I typically save vault tokens (I have 100s in queue), but Strange Sights seems to have a weird combination of lots of tokens immediately and covers I want immediately, I keep opening those during the event.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the best PvE I've played in yet. I was really happy to see it roll around again.

One nice thing about still being down in 3* land is that Squirrel Girl's purple absolutely wrecks Ultron Sentries. Even on the last clears, she was nearly one-shotting Ultron Prime :smiley:
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i used Medusa a lot vs the sentries...thought the ninjas were way too easy
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More rewards (6 tokens + per sub basically) for less days (3) is a winner for sure.

Makes the following 7 day PVE really feel like that much more of a bummer.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only improvement I'd like to see is the removal of sentries.  They only show up on a few nodes, but they are just so annoying to fight, and ridiculously overpowered especially with 5* scaling......even post-nerf.  Getting a board shake and a move EVERY turn makes these fights take a lot longer than they should.

Still, I did enjoy this PvE and managed to take T5 this time around thanks to the sentry bot nerf.
    That and maybe a change to the Magia area. That Kingpin 4* required node is not fun. A real grin with tanky Kingpin and the highest HP Maggia goons feeding him his powers.

Other than that, yeah it's a good PvE

My second favourite is probably Pridigal Sun which is running now =)
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do like the format of the event but would love it even more if the scaling was reduced.

Especially on the boss fight. I do love sitting and helplessly watching my team melt as he places high damage strikes all over the board i can't match away.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm all in favor here. Best event, and great as it is, Iso-Bros is a distant second. Let's have more of this!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would like to say I agree and this is my favorite PVE. So I will! It's my favorite!

I pulled my tokens this go because I wanted both 4*s, but I did not get them, haha, so I will now be hoarding all vault tokens, even on this one.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is anyone else hoarding their SS tokens? Ive decided not to open them and wait until the next go round.  My 4s are an Eddie Brock, a 6th cover on a 5/2/5 character (Professor X) and a champ level (Marvel).

Since I only get one token for the mini vaults I guess I could open them, but that 5 CP hurts so much compared to the old rewards.
    Not me. I started the event with a 4/1/4 Carol and with a black Carol in the vault. I actually paid 400 HP to reset it and got my yellow Carol on the last day with my second to last token! I'd have bought a 10 pack if I needed to but was glad to save the Hp. I got the black cover from the progression and I used all my tacos and got a green cover from either the savory or sweet vault and ended the event with my Carol at 5/2/5.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    For me this PvE is number 1 too.

My PvE ranking:

1. Strange Sights (all the reasons already stated in this topic)
    2. Hearts of Darkness (event token rewards, 3 day event and its not a dark reign event - Wolvie, Pun and Rider

Then nothing really aside from Enemy of the State, although it's long but it still keeps giving event tokens for wave nodes in each sub-event so I'm more motivated to do the work plus now we get 2x 4* covers during 7 day events. Lastly Venom Bomb and Webbed Wonder.

Anything not Dark Reign is better. I'm wondering why won't they introduce another good arc or drop the whole Dark Reign and move into another big theme, but I guess that is a discussion for another topic...

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    escart85 said:
    Anything not Dark Reign is better. I'm wondering why won't they introduce another good arc or drop the whole Dark Reign and move into another big theme, but I guess that is a discussion for another topic...

They did drop the Dark Reign. It used to be the subtitle for the game because it was going to be all about that storyline. Then they stopped adding new stories for that for about a year and dropped the name so they could branch out and tell new stories and not chain themselves to the Dark Reign story and characters.

Just a shame they still kept the flow of new PvE events to a trickle.