Not enough for CL 9? How about update CL 8.

It is widely known that CL 8 was (and continues to be) disastrously received by the player base.  I've read the reason why CL 9 hasn't been introduced yet is because there isn't enough players to qualify.  So...given all the negative atmosphere recently associated with this game, how hard would it be to do an update to the rewards on CL 8?  Seems like an easy bone to throw some people.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that would be great. The rewards for CL 8 are basically the same as CL 7. In fact, I would say many people who should be in CL 8 end up tanking in CL 6 or 7, in order to get better placement rewards, which defeats the whole purpose of having CL in the first place.
  • Truffleupagus
    Truffleupagus Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    When SHIELD levels were introduced, I was level 24.  Now I'm 65 and I'm still playing CL 7.  Why?  Because I don't stand a chance of any placement in 8.  Despite my lvl 65-ness, everyone in 8 is playing with champed 4*s while I only have champed 3*s.  CL8 might as well be relabeled "CL MPQ Gods (and hopeless peons)".

I keep hoping CL9 will be introduced to get some of those people out of 8 but, alas...

Heck, maybe if they just reduced the number of players in Cl 8 brackets from 1000/500 to 800/400 it would make people feel like they have a chance.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    When SHIELD levels were introduced, I was level 24.  Now I'm 65 and I'm still playing CL 7.  Why?  Because I don't stand a chance of any placement in 8.  Despite my lvl 65-ness, everyone in 8 is playing with champed 4*s while I only have champed 3*s.  CL8 might as well be relabeled "CL MPQ Gods (and hopeless peons)".

I keep hoping CL9 will be introduced to get some of those people out of 8 but, alas...

Heck, maybe if they just reduced the number of players in Cl 8 brackets from 1000/500 to 800/400 it would make people feel like they have a chance.
    Everyone with champed 5*s is in CL8 too.  CL8 has players all the way up to rank 125.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I don't place in CL8 anymore and I have a good stable of champed 4* (who are now stuck at their current levels forever, but that's another rant for a different day.)

Only real reason I keep throwing my head against the wall that is CL8 is because I want the increased CP rewards from the progression that I can consitantly hit in PvE.  I forget the last time I got even the 300 point progression reward in PvP, but I just stopped caring.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    When SHIELD levels were introduced, I loowas level 24.  Now I'm 65 and I'm still playing CL 7.  Why?  Because I don't stand a chance of any placement in 8.  Despite my lvl 65-ness, everyone in 8 is playing with champed 4*s while I only have champed 3*s.  CL8 might as well be relabeled "CL MPQ Gods (and hopeless peons)".

I'm in the same boat, just about 10 ranks ahead of you. I tried playing CL8 for a PvE shortly after I qualified for it at Rank 52. I could barely qualify for T50 in each daily sub for the 100 HP. I still desperately needed HP at that point (not to mention placement rewards), so I went back to SCL 7 after that, and that's where I've been since.

I've got a few 4* champs now and have toyed with the idea of trying a PvE at CL8 again, but just can't seem to bring myself to do it. I think opening up at least 9 would help thin out 8. Then players like me might be more liable to actually play at that level, giving a benefit to those at Level 7 and below. 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Most of the hyper-competitive players join early, Devo - so if you join your slice after the bracket has flipped a couple of times, you will have a much easier ride. 

I play in CL8, and t50 is easy to hit for subs, and I've hit t10 overall several times, despite my long clear times. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Most of the hyper-competitive players join looearly, Devo - so if you join your slice after the bracket has flipped a couple of times, you will have a much easier ride. 

I play in CL8, and t50 is easy to hit for subs, and I've hit t10 overall several times, despite my long clear times. 
    Yeah, to be fair the one time I tried CL8 was before I fully understood how the bracket flipping system worked. So maybe it's time to try it again. I usually wait for at least one or two flips in CL7, and can get T10, T5 with some luck and work. 
  • Pwuz_
    Most of the hyper-competitive players join early, Devo - so if you join your slice after the bracket has flipped a couple of times, you will have a much easier ride. 

Increasingly more of them have been waiting out a few clears.  That used to be my strategy, and I could hit top 100 and  sometimes as high as top 50 with just what was needed to get the CP rewards.

For the last few months (let's say X-mas), even hitting every node for 4 clears of maximum points will still have me falling short of top 100 for the sub.

I tried Starting late for the launch of Cloak & Dagger, ground every node to 1 point or less, and I still came up short of minimum placement.  It's those kind of crushing defetes that just suck the joy out of this game.
  • DarthDeVo
    Pwuz_ said:

Increasingly more of them have been waiting out a few clears.  That used to be my strategy, and I could hit top 100 and  sometimes as high as top 50 with just what was needed to get the CP rewards.

For the last few months (let's say X-mas), even hitting every node for 4 clears of maximum points will still have me falling short of top 100 for the sub.

I tried Starting late for the launch of Cloak & Dagger, ground every node to 1 point or less, and I still came up short of minimum placement.  It's those kind of crushing defetes that just suck the joy out of this game.
    Well, that's less encouraging. Which slice do you play? I typically play slice 4 in CL7. I've gotten T5 the past two events waiting on bracket flips, and am on pace for another T5 finish in Prodigal Sun, as long as I get optimal clears on the final two subs. 
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Pwuz_ said:
    Only real reason I keep throwing my head against the wall that is CL8 is because I want the increased CP rewards from the progression that I can consitantly hit in PvE.
    There is no more CP in progression in SCL 8 than there is in SCL 7.

The reward are nearly the same except for a couple of iso and even less of Hero Point.

The big difference, that could matter for some, is the 3* cover going all the way to top 300 instead of top 50 like SCL 7.

That is why in PVP SCL 8 was even worst, they did not even increase cover for the 3*
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    A simple little change I would make to SCL8 would be to replace any standard token rewards with elites.
  • Pwuz_
    DarthDeVo said:
    Well, that's less encouraging. Which slice do you play? I typically play slice 4 in CL7. I've gotten T5 the past two events waiting on bracket flips, and am on pace for another T5 finish in Prodigal Sun, as long as I get optimal clears on the final two subs. 
    I tend to do one of the final two slices depending on my mood.  Usually one feels just a little too early or the other feels a lot too late.