Randomness Changed for Challenges?

Options
sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
I am a "not-payer" and had always a win rate of around 80% -regardless of which event.
So much to randomness.
But now in the challenge ("Prüfung der Welten") it dropped to 50%.
And not only that - the matches I lost I had not the slightest chance to win, while it was vice versa for the matches I won.
Completely different to the experience I had for the last months.
Did the engine get an update in the last two days - I was not aware of one.

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I very much doubt it. I haven't noticed a difference.

Even if they had changed the engine, they wouldn't announce it. They like to keep us in the dark around here about most things.

Sounds like you just got unlucky.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is that Trial of the Planes, where you pay 60 gems to enter?

If so, the game is set so that your opponent gets double damage or double mana or both double damage and double mana, while you get the same amount of damage and mana.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am a "not-payer" and had always a win rate of around 80% -regardless of which event.
    So much to randomness.
    But now in the challenge ("Prüfung der Welten") it dropped to 50%.
    And not only that - the matches I lost I had not the slightest chance to win, while it was vice versa for the matches I won.
    Completely different to the experience I had for the last months.
    Did the engine get an update in the last two days - I was not aware of one.

I also think it's most likely bad luck with the random draws of the game. I'm not sure which event you're talking about (Trial of the Planes?), but if it's against other player decks I've had the same experience you described. I win most of my matches against other players, but every once in a while I'll fight a deck filled with only the most powerful mythic cards, and lose badly.

You will also sometimes have a fight where the opponent will get 15 matches in one round and cast every card in their hand. It just happens sometimes.

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah luck makes a huge difference in the games, i try to put 3-4 creatures in a deck and still gone 9 rounds before getting any at all, doesnt mean deck is bad just that lotto bent you over hard is all