Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#86: Itsy Bitsy News Segment...

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
Itsy Bitsy News Segment

* I got nothing ....
* No news is good news?
* Green checkmarks are back!

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I listened to a little bit of the actual show, and the beginning is different. I can't listen twice
    - From Ray's basement??? What concert?
    - What is Ian's favorite birthday dinner? I need follow up!
    - I'm sad they seemingly skipped Strange in PVP but may be doing Thanos in PVP. Very confusing
    - My four star Carol was 1/4/5 level 172 and I was very lucky to win. I have since gotten two more black covers for her. SO CLOSE!
    - All those Strange PVE tokens got me my second fully champed three star with Steve joining Storm
    - Do we have to keep hassling them, they're already listening. Fair enough, you know your business
    - My super secret science job allows me to play a bunch, but it does cut into my reading of comic books time
    - Agent Venom is boosted again this week so very excited to give him another whirl
    - I usually wait for the 14th cover on a four star, but War Machine has been fully covered and I've sold that 14th cover many times over others at a higher priority
    - Would Mr. Svenning from Mallrats have been a better clue for Yondu?
    - I have Spider-Woman champed, level 283 as I seem to get her cover almost as much as unusable Luke Cage covers. I understand she is very good, but was champed out of necessity
    - As much as I would love this game to become Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends Puzzle Quest, I'm all about more Doom. Iron Man Doom, Beyonder Power Doom, Skin Suit Doom, all of it!
    - My vine is a bucked full of two stars ready to be re-re-re-re-champed. And a yellow four star Luke Cage. One day...
    - My reward of the week was, after spending 550 CP TWO (black) five star Thanos covers! After a little finagling, he's now fully covered
    - Ian, strongest recommendation to NOT watch Dr. Who
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017

I only listen once, but I will say I made the mistake of going to the podcast page this week, instead of iTunes like I normally do, and now I am officially off the “Bring Dazzler to MPQ” train.  Shudders.

Got the Carol crash on the first try (just champed her last month).  Feels like one of those you need at least 4 covers in black to assure victory (kinda like Falcap’s crash against 3* Cap Marvel, where you needed at least 4 cover in red to have a chance).

Thanks to new vaulting system I now have every 4* at max covers or champed, with the exception of Cloak & Dagger  & my sad 1/5/5 Howard.  ( I keep trying to hoard, but can’t help myself, so I’ve sold a lot of 4* covers as I favor one over the others).  I’m in the process of champing Coulson right now (1 cover on the vine), then Iron fist.  I decided I’m going to focus on trying to champ the newest additions to new 12 as much as I can, instead of trying to champ those about to leave.  That way, eventually in theory, everyone in the new 12 will be champed except the new addition at the start of a season, and I can open LT’s and spend CP with impunity without worrying they are going to waste. (The impossible dream!).  If I worry about the one about to go into the vault, I'm always going to be worrying about the one going into the vault, one after the other.

That unfortunately means of the 5 characters I don’t have champed in the current 12  (Spider-Woman, Iron Fist, Agent Venom, Riri Williams, Coulson) Spider-Woman is going to be the one I let get away.  I’ve heard that 5/5/3 is best for her anyway, as the red is bugged and there’s more cost effective red users out there.  I’ll get her up to 150 lvl soon in any case, as her Crash should be coming this summer.

Rewards of my week were the most 5*’s I’ve ever pulled in a week period – a Banner cover, a Green Goblin and a Phoenix.

Best Doctor Who companion was K9.

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017

Vocab Word of the Week: Thunder Bumper

IIRC, his name is Yondu.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat the crash with a 1/5/2 Carol at 172, I believe. Took 3 tries, used boosts on the last try. Basically just had to hope for no cascades, otherwise the strengthened strikes took him down about 1200 match damage at a time.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Is it live or is it Memorex?
    --I appreciate the extra effort Ian put into being on the show this week. Thank you.
    --Storm was never married to Forge. Her divorce from T'Challa was editorial fiat; it made no sense.
    --I love "thunder bumper!" It may have been an accident but should enter the lexicon.
    --That's a pretty incredible Dazzler cosplay, Craig.
    --Some 4-stars (and 5-stars) are useless when undercover'd. Others, like Captain Marvel and Agent Coulson, are instantly useable with a single cover.
    --Nice "Producers" reference, Craig.
    --I have a cover dying on the vine for Gwenpool so I'm saving up the CP (currently at 88) to buy a cover and the ISO to Champion her.
    --After Gwenpool, I'll be spending the 2500HP to buy the Elektra cover in the Heroes for Hire store. That'll be #13 for her so she's headed for Champion status, too.
    --I don't mind not being last. :)
    --I won a 4-pack of tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at an advance screening Monday. Four members of my alliance--all in my family!--will be going. I'll let you know what we think.
    --Having an enemy match a trap tile is impossible unless you don't want them to. :pensive:
    --I support the idea of the Victor von Doom as Iron Man in the game but I refuse to read the comic. I hate the writer's work and just won't read any more even though the Marvel Unlimited app lets me read more-or-less for free. I'd also like to see God Emperor Doom but only as a non-playable boss like Galactus.
    --The black & yellow Wasp covers from Prodigal Sun brings her to 5/1/1 for me. She's great but I'm not looking forward to all the yellow covers I'll undoubtably be selling while trying to build up her blue & black covers.
    --I'm using Patch & Loki with Wasp in her required nodes. Wow, that's an effective team.
    --This week's my third anniversary in the game. Today's S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply was a yellow 5-star Wolverine. That makes him 1/4/1 for me.
    --I miss the one damage that countdown tiles were doing. Paired with a few Strike tiles, I was KOing opponents just by countdowns finishing. 
    --I mostly enjoyed Craig's appearances on Longbox Heroes and Longbox Heroes After Dark. I don't really care about wrestling so that wasn't too interesting and strongly disagree with Craig about Donna Noble. He's welcome to his opinion but, wow, do we have different tastes.
    --I'm now at 89CP and will be at 105 in a few minutes.
    --It was Nitro that blew up in the events leading to the first Civil War, not Pyro. FYI.
    --My alliance is super-stoked about the new boss event starting Thursday. I don't really need the Nova covers (he's already a Champion) but I'll be playing hard to earn them for the rest of the alliance.
    --Well, I had all the characters for about a week. Now I'm going to need to buy slots for two new versions of Star-Lord. I doubt I'll use either of them as much as the existing 4-star version; he's just so darn good.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker

- Would Mr. Svenning from Mallrats have been a better clue for Yondu?

Speaking of which, where has Stinkpalm been recently?

-trap tiles: love Daredevil's.  Let me keep matching those reds.
    Since you do the mailbag after you read the news, if you haven't gone over this already:  what character teams are you planning on using to take down Boss Thanos?  Ray gave some big help back in the day for one of those boss events, so strategerize please!

OT: Your thoughts on the show/book series The Expanse...