The 4* rotation needs Classic characters adding

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
The Vaulting has made it much easier to cover a small selection of characters, but it has also cut out a lot from being readily accessible. 

My suggestion would to be every 6th character rotated in should be a Classic character, so they get some time in the spot light.

Potentially even padding the launch schedule with retro releases. Put Hulk Buster in as a new character release rebranded as an archived hero. Established players aren't going to hate power levelling older characters and new players will need the chance to grab them.

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like this idea a lot.  It will also give people motivation to champ older characters.  
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    You know, I really like the idea of having re-release events.  I remember really struggling when I first started when events would come around that were just too tough for me to do well enough to grab a release cover for a new character, and then catching up on that character from then on was always really tough.  Right now we all get our shot at characters as they are released, but what about those of us that started playing long after a character was released?  It's very hard to get started on them - especially now with vaulting.

What if every 5* release brought a 4* re-release with it?  Give them a PvE with 4* covers down to T100, follow up with that character as Top PvP placement rewards, and then re-run their 4* PvP event with a corresponding with increased odds for their covers - just like the current 4* releases.

It would be quite a while before they all cycled through, but I think this would work out a little better than the current system with regards to acquiring covers for vaulted characters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a great idea!!! It would be awesome to rotate old 4*s into the "Latest Four", and that would give us a chance to win more covers and Champion Rewards for them. I would even be okay with new release-style events for old 4*s as well, between the actual new releases for new characters.

It won't break the game to give us extra chances to win older 4*s.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for this idea.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Addressing the rate of new character releases, token dilution, AND character vaulting all in one suggestion? That's complete madn-

Wait. This is a great idea :smile:

I mean, -someone- will start a complaint thread when it's Mr. F's (or whoever's) turn to be re-released, but what else is new?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great idea!! 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    It's certainly a good idea which is why it will never happen.

They can even tie redesigns into this, for example the mention Mr. F, they could re-release him as a tweak and rebalanced character or completely change him using the same artwork.

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I would really like to get new cover for Winter Soldier. I don't care if he's not the most powerful character in the game, he's still my favorite in the MCU and the only I would pay money for.