BH as Streak Breaker

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I finally made it to 15 cp in PVE and pulled.. yet another 4* dupe of a 5/2/5 character, so it was useless.

But then! I won a highly useful Bonus 4* hero!!! All was well.

This was complete coincidence. But it showed me that BH could be a nice streak-breaker for useless dupes. Perhaps every 5th useless dupe 4* pull would then pull an actually useful BH! BH  could help solve the useless dupe problem!

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not going to outright say this is a bad idea, cause on the surface it really isn't. But for this to work, the game would need to know at the time of opening a token what covers you have 5 of already. On top of that, for it to really be a "useless dupe" it also needs to know total number of covers for that character and have it be less than 13. If the game knows all of this, wouldn't you rather the game to just not give you those covers and instead change it to a different color of the same character you don't have 5 of? Also depending on who your bonus heroes are, you could just end up with a "useless dupe" bonus cover!

• Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    What are Bonus Heroes? Is that a thing? Never seen one myself.  :s /sarcasm #WhyCantIGetBHToo? #RNGesusHatesMe 
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know how some characters like Gwenpool or Colossus give you a choice of icons to affect one of the characters with their powers? Bonus Heroes could do that, but with each of the colors available for that hero as a choice. Then you take the color you want/need with zero chance of waste. Wouldn't that be simply faaaaaaaabulous?