PVE: Prodigal Sun (2017-04-20 to 2017-04-27)

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
Prodigal Sun (2017-04-20 to 2017-04-27)

Featured Characters:
  • 4-Star: Wasp
  • 3-Star: Kamala Khan
  • 2-Star: Ares
Progression Rewards
  • 4-Star: Wasp - Black, Yellow
  • 3-Star: Kamala Khan - Purple, Green, Yellow
  • 2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow, Green
  • 1-Star: Juggernaut - Red
Placement Rewards
  • 4-Star: Ant-Man - Blue, Purple, Yellow
  • 3-Star: Storm (Mohawk) - Yellow, Black, Green 
  • 2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Black, Red, Yellow

WEEKLY BUFFS
(4/20/17 - 4/27/17)
  • 4-Star: Venom (Agent Venom), Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Peggy Carter
  • 3-Star: Blade (Daywalker), Hawkeye (Hawkguy), The Hood, Hulk (Indestructible), Vision
  • 2-Star: Storm (Classic), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
  • 1-Star: Juggernaut, Spiderman (Original)

Episode 4.5: Prodigal Sun

Length of Event: 7 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 7
 Length of Sub-Events: 24 hours
Main Bracket Size: 1000 Sub Bracket Size: 1000
Unique Reward(s): Sentry Random Cover - One node in the final sub-event (Thunderbolts Mountain) gives a random Sentry cover as a reward. This node is unlocked as soon as the player completes all other non-essential nodes in the sub-event.

Other Notes:
  • Sub-Event 1: Maggia Assault: Manhattan
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 11 Total. 7 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 1 One-Time Only (Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • Enemy Types: Bullseye (2*), Sentry, The Punisher, Hammer Goons, Maggia Goons
  • Sub-Event 2: ISO-8 Lab Assault: China
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 10 Total. 6 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 1 One-Time Only (Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • Enemy Types: Psylocke, Magneto (2*), Storm (2*), Venom, Yelena, ISO-8 Goons, Hammer Goons
  • Sub-Event 3: SHIELD Base: Los Angeles
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 10 Total. 6 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 1 One-Time Only (Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • Enemy Types: Hawkeye (2*), Captain America (2* & 3*), Thor (3*), Hammer Goons
  • Sub-Event 4: SHIELD Base: Wakanda
    • Enemy Types: Black Panther, Iron Man (3*), Hammer Goons
  • Sub-Event 5: SHIELD Base: Washington, D.C.
    • Enemy Types: Black Widow (3*), Falcon, Captain America (3*), Hammer Goons
  • Sub-Event 6: SHIELD Base: Hell's Kitchen
    • Enemy Types: Daredevil, Human Torch (3*), Spider-Man (3*), Hammer Goons
  • Sub-Event 7: Thunderbolts Mountain
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 15 Total. 6 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 6 One-Time Only (one of which is a Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • There are 3 paths after beating the opening node. From left to right, these paths have easy nodes, normal nodes, and hard nodes; the nodes in the normal path are one time only nodes; the nodes in the easy and hard paths are repeatable.
    • Enemy Types: Hawkeye (2*), Black Widow (3*), Black Panther, Captain America (3*), Falcon, Hulk, Iron Man (3*), Thor (3*), Wolverine (2*), Hammer Goons

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For the hub node, does anyone know which of these three I should full clear before tomorrow and which ones stick around?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From the PvE Format guide:

Prodigal Sun
    Length of Event: 7 days
    Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
    Number of Sub-Events: 7 Length of Sub-Events: 24 hours
    Main Bracket Size: 1000 Sub Bracket Size: 1000
    Unique Reward(s): Sentry Red Cover - One node in the final sub-event (Thunderbolts Mountain) gives a red Sentry cover as a reward. This node is unlocked as soon as the player completes all other non-essential nodes in the sub-event.
    Other Notes:
    • Sub-Event 1: Maggia Assault: Manhattan
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 11 Total. 7 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 1 One-Time Only (Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • Enemy Types: Bullseye (2*), Sentry, The Punisher, Hammer Goons, Maggia Goons
    • Sub-Event 2: ISO-8 Lab Assault: China
    • Enemy Types: Psylocke, Magneto (2*), Storm (2*), Venom, Yelena, ISO-8 Goons, Hammer Goons
    • Sub-Event 3: SHIELD Base: Los Angeles
    • Enemy Types: Hawkeye (2*), Captain America (2* & 3*), Thor (3*), Hammer Goons
    • Sub-Event 4: SHIELD Base: Wakanda
    • Enemy Types: Black Panther, Iron Man (3*), Hammer Goons
    • Sub-Event 5: SHIELD Base: Washington, D.C.
    • Enemy Types: Black Widow (3*), Falcon, Captain America (3*), Hammer Goons
    • Sub-Event 6: SHIELD Base: tinykitty's Kitchen
    • Enemy Types: Daredevil, Human Torch (3*), Spider-Man (3*), Hammer Goons
    • Sub-Event 7: Thunderbolts Mountain
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 15 Total. 6 Regular (repeatable); 3 Essential (repeatable); 6 One-Time Only (one of which is a Team-Up with Sentry node)
    • There are 3 paths after beating the opening node. From left to right, these paths have easy nodes, normal nodes, and hard nodes; the nodes in the normal path are one time only nodes; the nodes in the easy and hard paths are repeatable.
    • Enemy Types: Hawkeye (2*), Black Widow (3*), Black Panther, Captain America (3*), Falcon, Hulk, Iron Man (3*), Thor (3*), Wolverine (2*), Hammer Goons

Which doesn't answer your question, and I can't remember. I think the team-ups stay open, but... it's been a while.

It's also a random Sentry cover now, like the Hulk and the Howard event.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the hub node, does anyone know which of these three I should full clear before tomorrow and which ones stick around?

I believe they all stay open the whole event (the old PVE spreadsheet that someone linked in the old forum shows them all as repeatable).   The only one I'm not sure on is the one against three SHIELD goons which unlocks the first sub, but I think all three are open the whole event (I know the one against Hammer goons and against Iron Man are repeatable).

As an unrelated comment, Wasp, Ant-Man & Carol is a pretty fun team to screw around with--especially with the current countdown bug.  It's probably not actually competitive (especially with speed), but at least for the easy & moderate matches it seems to work well (I used it on Wasp's essential, but needed a couple health packs for four clears). 

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasp + 4-star Luke Cage worked really well, especially if you have Cage at 5 black. Gets rid of their special tiles (Bullseye, I'm looking at you!) and creates a bunch of protect tiles. Get some yellow Ap and turn them into really powerful strikes, and Cage just keeps popping out the protect tiles as long as the goons keep firing off their abilities. Mix and match your third character as needed.
  • Jocrash
    Jocrash Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Someone is s1 can confirm that the 3 nodes in the main sub stay after the 1st sub ?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I can confirm that, @Jocrash. All 3 remain. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but is anyone else frustrated that we get an event that looks like it's set up to guarantee not having to fight against Dark Avengers, and then STILL have to take on Bullseye?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of my nodes is showing "full points" after 4 clears.  Should I clear it a fifth time, or wait?  I don't know if it will screw me up.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Daredevil217 Typically force closing and restarting the application will fix that issue.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    waywreth said:
    @Daredevil217 Typically force closing and restarting the application will fix that issue.
    Still showing full. Other people on the leaderboard have obviously done a 5th clear (and have passed me).  I refrained.  I don't know if their countdown for that one is longer on the 6th clear or if they got extra points off it.  I know no one cleared it more than 5 times so its not giving full points indefinitely. Kind of sucks that it's a glitch and will either give me a lead or put me out of contention for what would be my 13th Ant-Man cover.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    That happened to me too. I made the extra run only to find out that it did not give me full points. :(
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Got to love forum software that tells us the sub is called "Tinykitty's Kitchen".

(Although I did recently read a fic where Matt Murdock was transmogrified into a small cat, so perhaps they're onto something...)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well it took me until the last day, but I just found a great combo of Peggy/KK/Hood - perfect rainbow, and the double-whammy of Peggy increasing enemy AP costs, and Hood stealing their AP!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just managed to hit 73,000 points to earn that second Wasp cover. That's a heck of a lot more work than I put into an average PvE, but Wasp is one of my favorite characters and earning that black and yellow brought her to 5/5/2. 

I ran most of the nodes with an awesomely fun combo - Wasp, 4Carol, Starlord. Ridiculous strike tiles thanks to Wasp and Carol buffing Willy-nilly, and Starlord made Wasp's flip n' buff super cheap at only 3 AP. Plus, he got to do crazy damage with red, since the ladies often had several countdowns on the board, in addition to his own. Even with my team at (Wasp: 4/5/1, Carol 2/4/5, Starlord 5/3/3) for most of the event it was a pretty deadly and super fun combo.