Mordo overstayed his welcome

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we get a new loading screen? Mordo is less than stellar.. how did we not get a new load screen for Iron Fist? Cloak and Dagger would have been awesome. Heck a naked 3* Hawkeye would have been fun by hiding his privates with the Shield logo. 

I'm sure we'll get a new one for potential GotG new characters but is anyone shocked they left Mordo up way too long? 

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still remember the NippleGate™ incident with Cho - how many months did they keep his obnoxious loading screen up? I would definitely enjoy a Cloak & Dagger and/or Hawkguy loading screen. 
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I would be fine with a Heroes for Hire loading screen.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Guardians of the galaxy 2 coming in around 2 weeks. I'm willing to bet there's going to be a whole bunch of things coming, including a new loading screen. 

Although with no new characters this week I'm worried they're going to throw more characters than they should over the next few weeks. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I am with you... I so hate the current loading screen. I don't care about Mordo so much, but even so he still pops up in my tokens (lvl 188 already) and the screen just reminds me about him. I would rather had Strange on the logo for that long. Mordo is really a nobody compared to the rest of Marvel universe. 

Coulson was never on the logo and he would have been a great spash screen... 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm still grumpy ​that Medusa didn't get one. I'd rather have Mordo than half-naked Hobo!Fist, though.

Cloak and Dagger would have been fab. *sigh*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My main problem with it is that there's enough variation with the three different images that it highlights how long it takes to load. The load time wasn't as obtrusive with the others so far this year.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind Mordo such, he's certainly better than Bouncing Agent Venom or Captain Hump the Loading Icon.  A Cloak & Dagger one could be cool if done right.  Or just bring back 5* Black Widow for a few weeks until the new GotG screen is ready.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Casting my vote to bring back Carol giving the SHIELD logo some sweet lovin'.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I really wouldn't mind if they recycled the loading screens, as well, just don't coerce me to watch the same animation for months at a time. We only got Peggy for like 8 days, wouldn't be a bad one to weave in once the 4* cover for the past 3 seasons grows a little old.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The one where Agent Venom was humping the logo didn't last long.  So was that supposed to be one of the good ones? 

Last year, Cho bombed the screen for like 4 straight months, iirc, and it was right around this time of year. Does it have something to do with their art acquisition schedule? 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I agree, I don't hate the Mordo screen, but it has been there too long. The character art is a little boring, but that's just because he got the toned down live action treatment, just not as bad as Iron Fist.

I think both versions of Hawkeye would have made a cool screen. Cloak and Dagger art is some of their best.
    Oh well, I don't actually look at the loading screen that much so who cares
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    This raises an interesting point. Doesn't it just seem like the splash screens for tinykitty characters stick around a lot longer than the ones for good characters? Original Cho was up for ages, Banner had a lengthy stay, and Doc Ock cluttered up the screen for a long while, too. Meanwhile, both the Peggy and Surfer splash screens, which many had hailed as some of the best we've seen, were hustled off in short order.

I'm quite sure cognitive bias plays a role here, but hey, whatever!
    Natasha was the best loading screen of all time.  Of all time.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I miss the celebrity squares one. I know many hated it, but i thought it was cool. Bring back pizza dog!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    granne said:
    I'm still grumpy ​that Medusa didn't get one. I'd rather have Mordo than half-naked Hobo!Fist, though.

Cloak and Dagger would have been fab. *sigh*
    I'm glad Medusa is in the game icon, at least!

But yeah, dump stupid Mordo from the loading screen already.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stax the Foyer said:Natasha was the best loading screen of all time.  Of all time.
    I can get behind that to some degree. That was a good screen. My vote for all-time best still goes to the Surfer screen, what with him zipping around Galactus and his big purple choo-choo train hat. Love it.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I liked the civil war one with cap and im
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anywhere we can see all the past loading screens?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anywhere we can see all the past loading screens?
    If there is then the link is broken ;)