Hixus

Options
I know I've posted before and I heard all the "it's not an OP card. There are multitude ways to deal with it" and yet, every time it's played. Somehow RNGesus says "guess what, you lose" as it's always placed either in a spot I can't get to for the match to destroy it or I can match it but about time I get to it, it's reinforced. If that doesn't happen then I just happen to not get my support destroyer. Each time.

So, I propose something like what is happening with Heart. With that, every time you get an extra swap due to overload...due to it's own affect, it loses a shield. Why not the same thing with Hixus? Every time one of your opponent's creatures can't attack because of Hixus, it loses a shield. Have it start out with 10 shields so it still is around 3 rounds of creatures still disabled.  If not that then every round it's out it loses a shield. Come out with 3 shields...maybe 4.

Comments

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought as well, that Hixus is a little bit too "all or nothing" style.

But I would suggest to change it to:
    "When a creature your opponent controls deals damage to you, it is disabled at the beginning of your turn until the beginning of your next turn"

I don't know if this is easy to code in this game, but to have your creatures only attack every second round is still good, and would give cards like "destroy target disabled creature" a little bit more sense, because you would like them to be removed before they can attack again. Now, removing them if a downside, because you want all slots to be filled.
  • qwweetrtr
    qwweetrtr Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would even accept that. That's a perfectly good compromise to stay true to what they have it is now but for it to not be OP at the same time.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sometimes use turn against to combat hixus.

HH
  • Blorbleflorp
    Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Make it a **** creature like it's supposed to be. Best and easiest solution. Just blow him up with creature removal, because every deck has it available, except mono green, I suppose. But why would you play Monopoly green anyway.