Stop insulting me [with the losing screen]

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
I am so tired of that stupid screen that comes up when you lose.  No increasing my character level will not help me win when the AI gets constant cascades and gets to fire powers every single turn.  My intelligence is so insulted by this screen.  Its not even helpful after about your fist week of playing.  Maybe its another ploy to get us to spend money or something.
Of course what should I expect from these developers when their excuses for nerfs and other changes are always insulting to everyone's intelligence.
We know OML was nerfed cause of health packs, we also know you raised the health of some characters 2 years ago, not to make them more viable as you claimed, but to make matches take longer and force more health pack usage. Maybe 2 of those characters were more viable after the health pool increase, none of the others were used any more then before. Stop insulting my intelligence and I may decide to spend on this game again.

**Clarified title - Ducky

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always been insulted by that screen.....and I'm always in a bad mood when I occasionally lose, so that's the true "insult to injury".
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which would you prefer?

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw98ARXfcqk

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Sounds like feedback to me :)

That being said, the screen does seem a bit disingenuous since what it's basically saying is "spend some money and you'll lose less" which is, of course, ridiculous since the game does not get any easier with a more developed roster (the contrary it would seem, in fact).
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Which would you prefer?

Boy, I'd love to see some of the people that shriek about cheating AI try to play Dark Souls. Hours of entertainment.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Sometimes I feel like this is the first game for loads of people...
    Bosses are supposed to be hard!
    Sometimes you are supposed to lose!
    There will always be someone better/stronger than you!
    The "you dead" screen is supposed to be taunting you!

It's what keeps you playing in my opinion...
    (Obviously the fun parts too!)
  • Uthgarprime
    I never said the AI cheated.  I said I died because of cascades, there is a difference. The death screen acts like if you had a couple of levels maybe you would have won.  Its hard to win when you get a power fired at you every single turn.  I wouldn't care about a death screen if it wasn't insulting my intelligence. I don't even care about the losing part, which I didn't complain about, I mentioned the screen.  Reading comprehension is hard for some I guess.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I never said the AI cheated.  I said I died because of cascades, there is a difference. The death screen acts like if you had a couple of levels maybe you would have won.  Its hard to win when you get a power fired at you every single turn.  I wouldn't care about a death screen if it wasn't insulting my intelligence. I don't even care about the losing part, which I didn't complain about, I mentioned the screen.  Reading comprehension is hard for some I guess.
    I don't think any post here has directly accused  you of crying "cheating ai".

I definitely empathize with you, I've been there myself, and it's definitely a frustrating screen to see. I don't know what they could change it to to make it less "insulting" though, as pretty much anything would be intolerable depending on how frustrated you are with the game at that exact minute.

The screen as it exists, though, doesn't even seem helpful to anyone who's been playing the game longer than a few days. I'm on day 870-something. I know exactly why I lost and what I can do about it. I'll spend money on the game exactly when and why I want to, not just because this screen implies that it will help me lose less. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    C'mon - is this really a problem in the game? Cascades and a message after the lost fight?

If you hate cascades that much make sure you quit a match every time you bring you enemies to the ground with one. I guess if you can't lose to a cascade you should not win due to one as well.

As for the message - muscle memory. I click the things I don't want to see quickly and move on. I can't even say from my memory what the phrase is exactly and I do lose occasional match. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have also requested a new "you died" screen previously. I'm happy with a screen telling me "game over". The only parts I don't like are:

1) The insulting tips... "maybe if you leveled up more, you'd win!" (when I'm using championed 4*s and high leveled 5*s)

2) The buttons to the level up and purchase pages. The reason why I don't like this is that I do most of my losing during final PVP shield hops, where every second is extremely valuable. So if I happen to lose, I want to go right back to fighting my next match. I don't want to waste 20+ seconds accidentally clicking on one of those buttons and then trying to get back to my next battle. That waste of time could cause me to suffer a massive amount of defensive losses, making it so that I end up losing more points than I gained during that hop.
  • Uthgarprime
    Magic you don't even get what I am saying, none of what you said applies to what I said.  Its not the losing or the cascades, it's how insulting that stupid death screen is.  No I did not lose cause my guys were not high enough level like the stupid screen says, its insulting, then they have buttons to go spend money.  Its not a hard concept here.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh - I get that perfectly. But I just can't find the mind capacity how such a thing can be insulting to a thinking human being. Just ignore it, click continue and keep playing. 

To show you perspective. I play for almost 3 years. I actually went to lose the match just to see this "insult". It is so automatic to ignore it and move on after the fight that I didn't even remember how that screen looks like. I've put on your shoes and I will state it with emphasis - if this screen is insulting you have no clue what an insult is. And that is good. I guess you live a good life so keep it up. Just smile at the screen and move on to the next fight.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you also get insulted by, like, commercials? When you see an ad that's like "Coke is delicious" do you get all riled up because you know perfectly well that it's colored sugar water that's bad for you, and to suggest otherwise is a personal attack?

Pretty much the same thing.