Are You Kidding Me ?

0zfest
0zfest Posts: 70 Match Maker
In a level 1 tournament and the first boss battle is a level 347 Kaecilius ?
What level 1 competitor will be able to complete this ?
I'm a much higher level and I can't complete this tournament (the first tinykitty level)

**Removed profanity and inappropriate content - Ducky

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling currently is not tied to SCL. Maybe that will change at some point.
  • 0zfest
    you missed the point. it would be very difficult for someone just starting to progress ... if I cant do it with the characters i have how could they without ?
    I play there because I can't complete this level let alone higher (where I should be)
    Make sense ?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    My understanding is that in the new Zelda game you can start and immediately go fight the final boss.  It's probably next to impossible to beat him, but the option is there.  Making him really hard gives you incentive to play the rest of the game, progress, and then come back later when you are strong enough to beat the boss.  This is not uncommon in gaming.
  • 0zfest
    PLEASE READ AND STICK TO THIS ISSUE
    YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT IN LINE WITH THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE
    DISTURB OR DIRECT ANOTHER'S POST IN A USELESS DIRECTION
    thank you
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    My understanding is that Kaecilius isn't a barrier to further progression; only to a very nice sum of iso.
  • 0zfest
    Correct. But leveled up too high for the the level 1 tournament players, given the fact most beginners
    (who should be playing there) don't possess high level characters.
     I (likely others) have a few maxed out champions that they don't and find it difficult.
    We all agree the ISO thing needs to be addressed as well !
  • Fightmastermpq
    Good?  Did it not occur to you that parts of the game should be hard so that beginners are encouraged to spend time or money to better their rosters and more easily progress through the game???
  • 0zfest
    Thanks for all your comments
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaecilius's level is tied to your roster, not the chosen SCL as was already pointed out. Someone with a weaker roster than you will also face a weaker Kaecilius.
    In short, you don't get easier fights in lower SCLs, just worse rewards but potentially better placement.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    I found Kaecilius to be much easier than rounds before.

All, I did this time was bring in my highest HP players, Kingpin, Flaptan and someone else that I wasn't really using and found it quite easy except for the last one, which was sort of close.

You could put a bit of strategy in that as well, and have a group healer like KK (make sure that someone tanks GR/YE/PI) and you will live longer (I think even though her ally's powers don't do any damage that her passive healer will still kick in).
  • Fightmastermpq
    My boss is level 532 and I had no problems at all with a Level 255 BSS (with 5 purple), a level 266 Patch, and my 50k health Black Widow damage sponge.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    His level means nothing.  Bring enough character with board manipulation, enemy strike tile generation, and passive healing to finish him off every time.

Match his strike tiles, set up moves for him to match his strike tiles.  Watch as he commits suicide.  Does this mean Kaecilius is a cutter?  Is his while fight just a cry for help?
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    His level determines both his match damage and his strike tile damage. In theory, his level is tied to your roster level, so his damage output is high enough to be a challenge without being overwhelming. In theory... 

Also, don't take too long to beat him, or you won't. ;) 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a substantial element of randomness to that fight. If you get a bad board, and his tiles go in hard-to-get spots, you're basically doomed no matter what team you've got. On the other hand, with a really lucky board and placement, it's close to trivial. For me, it usually doesn't take more than 2-3 tries max to get something beatable.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a substantial element of randomness to that fight. If you get a bad board, and his tiles go in hard-to-get spots, you're basically doomed no matter what team you've got. On the other hand, with a really lucky board and placement, it's close to trivial. For me, it usually doesn't take more than 2-3 tries max to get something beatable.
    While a bad board makes it more challenging, with a good team it's possible no matter where his tiles are landing.  That's what your board control powers are there for.

It's a different fight, but that just means different skills become more valuable, while other skills are useless.