Apocalypse Event Idea

Dccrulez
Dccrulez Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Apocalypse is an awesome character, but introducing him in an event would be a challenge. For starters you need a 5* Apocalypse, then a 4* Cable, then four Horsemen. One obvious choice for a horsemen is Archangel, but it would be weird to have Archangel without Angel, so you have to add Angel first. I imagine both Angel and Archangel would have a blue ability involving airborne, maybe a red attack, and then maybe Yellow for Angel and Black for Archangel. Archangels black would be good as an attack generating attack tiles involving the use of his metal wings. I haven't really thought about Cable yet but have had thoughts about Apocalypse. One ability Apocalypse would really benefit from would be a black high cost ability that upgrades mutant companions. I am not sure how to stagger it for level ups but the general idea would be that a hero's abilities would be exchanged for their next highest variant while maintaining their health and level. Opinions?

Comments

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Hm, I don't expect them to do an Apocalypse event, but it's a great idea. And I think the hurdles you set out aren't necessary. Apocalypse has a long history of employing horsemen, and you have choices to draw from in the existing character pool.

Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke, Jean Gray, Beast (Hell, practically any mutant character) could work great as Horsemen. You could take their normal power sets, give them an exclusive skin, boost their stats, and give them some exclusive power (immunity from a certain color damage, automatic strike tile generation, etc.). Apocalypse doesn't need a 5* variant. Instead, you could just make him a boss character like Ultron, Kaecillius, or Galactus. You could introduce 3* and 5* versions of Angel/Archangel like they did with the Strange event, and you're good to go. He's the only original X-Man to not be represented, so it would make sense.

I'd suggest something that sort of fuses the Strange event with the endurance races of the Ultron/Galactus events. You have 4 hubs to go through, and beating the horseman at the end of each gives you a chance to fight Apocalypse. But Apocalypse has one health pool that you have to chip away over the course of your four tries against him, and defeating each Horseman gives you the opportunity to strip a buff or power from his repertoire.
  • Dccrulez
    Dccrulez Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I only disagree with two points. 1- Archangel should be a four star, he isn't powerful enough to be a 5* and I don't like the idea of the tier system being meaningless. 2- I really want Apocalypse to be playable if for no other reason than to use that enhancement ability.
  • odjntrade2
    odjntrade2 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I had been thinking about an apocalypse event for a while.  Boss variant just seems preferable for an event.  I would love to see him sitting above his four horsemen battle lines directing the battle.  Cable is a must but should be introduced before the boss event so he is playable during.  The others can come with time and I like the idea of simply using random mutants as horseman.  Though I have a different view on how the event should play out.

Each mutant should be their regular selves but with totems taking up the empty character slots next to them.  The totems can't be targeted and provide a passive effect for each.  These would represent the enhancements apocalypse has added to them.  I was thinking combinations like 3* storm with added passives like her 2 star variants raging tempest that deals damage and generates yellow ap for her and scattered lightning activating when she matches green/yellow/black destroying 3 random tiles and giving her ap. 

The goal being to create characters that fight solo and do damage but are not too difficult.  Apocalypse would be the real obstacle to overcome more like a galactus battle.  At the start of the match Apocalypse infects a basic tile with the techno-virus and creates an indestructible sandstone square.  The techno-virus tile acts as an attack tile that cannot be destroyed but it can be matched.  The tile turns 2 random basic tiles into techno-virus tiles after being matched.  When 16 or more techno-virus tiles exist, 15 are destroyed and the character on your team with the most health instant dies.  Each turn, apocalypse changes the power he is using causing the sandstone square to swap between attack, protect and strike variants which also cause random tile swapping, destroying or setting trap tiles that make techno-virus tiles in addition to him generating another techno-virus tile each turn.

If you are able to avoid the techno-virus tiles then you have 45 turns before he wipes out your team assuming you can survive the attack tile damage and his other effects.  The thing I like about this idea is that cascade matches become terrifying as you could well expand the techno-virus unintentionally.