BH for 2*s?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I rarely win BHs. I often pull 2*s.

Maybe we can sometimes win BHs for 2*s? That would be more useful for me than never/rarely winning any BHs for 3-5*s. And keep the 3-5* BH odds the same... just please add some odds to win 2* BHs as well. It would be very helpful for my 2* champ farm! Thank you.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    5% is fairly rare. That being said I'm really sure I've gotten 3x 3* Torch BH covers much faster than I've gotten 50 2* Torch covers. I must have since I haven't cycled lil Torch since BHs were introduced, and I've clearly gotten 8 or more bonus Big Torch covers. So I'm not really sure what you're hoping to achieve here.

You really want Demi's takeaway from all of this to be "we're not getting enough 2* covers"?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Heroic tokens, the chance for a bonus three- or fourstar is actually somewhere around 16% to make the overall chance for a bonus hero 5%. You may not get three- or fourstar covers very osten from Heroic tokens, but when you do you have a better chance to get a bonus cover too.
    If bonus heroes were available for two-stars too it would mean the chance for bonus covers at higher levels would need to be bought down to 5%, so you'd get a lot more two-star covers and less three- and fourstar covers. Not a good idea.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    In Heroic tokens, the chance for a bonus three- or fourstar is actually somewhere around 16% to make the overall chance for a bonus hero 5%. You may not get three- or fourstar covers very osten from Heroic tokens, but when you do you have a better chance to get a bonus cover too.
    If bonus heroes were available for two-stars too it would mean the chance for bonus covers at higher levels would need to be bought down to 5%, so you'd get a lot more two-star covers and less three- and fourstar covers. Not a good idea.
    Not disagreeing, but counterpoint:  mpqr7 said:
    I rarely win BHs. I often pull 2*s.

Maybe we can sometimes win BHs for 2*s? That would be more useful for me than never/rarely winning any BHs for 3-5*s.
    So if there are players who almost never receive BH (they have to exist, just as very lucky people do and everyone in between, to get the stated odds) why would they care if it hurts the odds of the 3*-5* BH? They aren't getting them anyway. They're hoping to have better odds for themselves with the 2* BH.

Its not a terrible argument. It just shows the frustration many have with the implementation of BH (RNG). When BH by itself is a good idea.
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Beer40 said:
    So if there are players who almost never receive BH (they have to exist, just as very lucky people do and everyone in between, to get the stated odds) why would they care if it hurts the odds of the 3*-5* BH? They aren't getting them anyway. They're hoping to have better odds for themselves with the 2* BH.
    But the odds don't change. They have 5% odds now, this change would make the new odds 5%. If RNG is not on your side, it's not on your side. I'd rather the extras come in 3* and 4*.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    ejm04 said:
    Beer40 said:
    But the odds don't change. They have 5% odds now, this change would make the new odds 5%. If RNG is not on your side, it's not on your side. I'd rather the extras come in 3* and 4*.
    Fair point, maybe I was mis-reading the reasoning?

Here's the counterpoint tho:

Maybe they realize luck is not on their side and would rather their competition only be getting 2* BH and not being able to widen the competition gap as quickly?

I don't really know.  
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want to lower the odds for 3* - 5* BH. I just want to actually win some BH more than once in a blue moon! I probably open up 150 to 200 tokens per week and rarely ever pull any BH.

Keep the 3-5* BH odds the same. But maybe add in some odds for 2* BH as well? 2*s are super useful for me, for the 2* farming.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You aren't getting something for nothing here. If two-star bonus heroes are added to the game, it would happen at the cost of the three-star and fourstar bonus heroes. You wouldn't get more, you'd just get weaker bonus covers.