Are tokens predetermined?

Alphateam
Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
A while back I had a problem where my game reset itself to about 4 days prior to where I was. I lost everything, progressions, tokens (2 heroic), ISO, covers etc... I was playing on my phone and ipad, and I think I hadn't played on my ipad in those 4 days and it somehow jumped back to its time state.

I put in a ticket, waited and didn't play. I didn't want more work to be wiped. I wasn't sure how it all worked and were they going to somehow roll ahead to the 4 days or what.  After 2 days of no contact I just played figuring they didn't care. I got the same 2 heroic tokens through progression or SHIELD rewards (I forget exactly) like I did earlier.

This time I opened them and got a red Vision and a blue Quake. Well to my surprise a couple days later I get the ISO, heroic tokens in the mail I thought I lost. So I essentially double dipped the tokens by accident. I open the new tokens and I get the same red Vision and blue Quake. It just seemed odd and highly unlikely I'd get those very specific covers from same tokens.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've had that happen too. Open tokens, crash, open tokens again and get exact same results.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    The best analogy I can give is that all pulls are like like scratch off lottery cards with 100 scratch off spots.  Every time you win a token,  your effectively winning chances to scratch off the next spot on the card.

Whenever the vault changes.  I.e. a new character is added / removed.  you get a brand new scratch off card.

edit:
    cleaned up some grammar for clarity.  LOL
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    If it's the exact same results, how is it an exploit? Or is this the fix?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Why would you hoard? Sorry I'm trying to understand but I feel like I'm missing something vital here.
  • Phumade
    Why would you hoard? Sorry I'm trying to understand but I feel like I'm missing something vital here.
    You probably need to ask that question on the LINE to get the full and complete answer your looking for.  There's alot of censorship on the forums and users don't want to get banned
  • Phumade
    LOL,  Statistics is one of the major underpinnings of modern science.  Even ignoring its traditional roles in hard sciences like Quantum mechanics and thermodynamics, its integrated into literally every business process used today.   

Anyone who claims with a straight face that they got 5 5* BH out of 10 LT pulls  basically failed high school math. LOL
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    You probably need to ask that question on the LINE to get the full and complete answer your looking for.  There's alot of censorship on the forums and users don't want to get banned
    I don't see what we couldn't answer that.

People hoard masses of tokens and CP in order to reliably mitigate the downsides for 5* pulls being randomly decided.  If you just pull tokens as you go, even if you earn optimal amounts of tokens from daily play there's a good chance you'll never get the 13 covers on the newest latest legend 5*.

Once a 5* moves from Latest to Classic they go from being 3 5*'s to choose from to a huge pool or all 5*'s...which means it could easily take MONTHS just to get 1 more cover for said character.

So back to the question, people hoard sufficient amounts of LT+CP to confidently champion all 3 latest 5*'s.  The number of Latest Legend token pulls is a matter of debate but I'd say you'd want a minimum of 300 pulls but really 400 is where things are pretty safe.   You'll also want to save up 6.5 million ISO in order to ensure none of the 4* covers go to waste and you can champion everyone. 

If this all sounds kind of insane then that's because it is...veteran players do it because its viewed as optimal play and I agree that it is (I've been saving up since late February)...but you have to strap in and accept that you'll have almost no progress for a very long time.  Some players may do it in 4 months, less hardcore ones probably need 6 months or more.

Hope that helps!