Latest 12 in LL, All four-stars in CL?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I think the Latest 12 should be in the Latest Legends LT, whereas all four-stars should be available in the Classic Legends LT. Or else there should be a third one "Vintage Legends" LT that's also 20 cp and contains all but the latest 12 four-stars and all but the latest 3 five-stars. Then, the people can choose what they prefer!

Comments

• GoldenArm
    GoldenArm Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I absolutely 10000% agree!!
    Right now we have the new 4*s in BOTH vaults. It is beyond infuriating.

I'm at day 591, and have in that time seen TWO Iceman covers. Yet my 4* Venom and 4* Cage are championed. Things are obviously skewed waaaay too far in favour of the new characters.

And if I see another red Riri cover, I may throw my phone against a wall.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Please no.

Just have the current latest and classic vaults and ADD a Latest Vintage and Classic Vintage that has the latest and classic 5*s both with all the vintage 4*s.  You CAN please all the people all the time.

Simply putting the vaulted 4*s back into the classics LTs forces me to care about older 4*s that I don't have champed and would prefer not to ever champ (IW, Drax, Mr. F, Elektra, etc.)  Vaulting got rid of those bottom feeders for me and I'd rather not bring them back to continue to work on my older 5*s.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please no.

Just have the current latest and classic vaults and ADD a Latest Vintage and Classic Vintage that has the latest and classic 5*s both with all the vintage 4*s.  You CAN please all the people all the time.

Simply putting the vaulted 4*s back into the classics LTs forces me to care about older 4*s that I don't have champed and would prefer not to ever champ (IW, Drax, Mr. F, Elektra, etc.)  Vaulting got rid of those bottom feeders for me and I'd rather not bring them back to continue to work on my older 5*s.
    Actually, your idea wouldn't be that great either as people are not going to want to entirely lock themselves out of newer 4*s just to get the older ones.

The best option would be to keep the current two LTs, but alongside them bring back the previous versions too, that way people can work on their 5* preference while still being able to have the truncated or full amount of 4*s too.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Crowl said:
    Please no.

Actually, your idea wouldn't be that great either as people are not going to want to entirely lock themselves out of newer 4*s just to get the older ones.

The best option would be to keep the current two LTs, but alongside them bring back the previous versions too, that way people can work on their 5* preference while still being able to have the truncated or full amount of 4*s too.
    Fine, add those in as well - have 6 LTs, Latest/Classic with New only/Old only/All options.  Simple. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exactly. Give us the options, and let us decide what we want.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I've lost count of how many times this has been suggested, including in posts @Cthulhu directly replied to that night he came to the Bonus Heroes announcement thread.  I agree wholeheartedly (I was one of the ones suggesting it right when vaulting hit) but I'm afraid the devs don't want to go this route for some reason.  I've moved onto suggesting other types of "special" legendary stores, since they seem to like doing new stores.  http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63390/new-store-fix-for-vaulting-and-5-dilution
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I would hate it if the newest 4 stars were only in Latest Legends tokens.  I only use command points for Classic Legends, I'm only collecting classic legend 5 stars and newer 4 stars currently.  If they are going to make a change it should either be to go back to the way things were or introduce a third legendary token to make people who don't like the current option happy.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII said:
    I would hate it if the newest 4 stars were only in Latest Legends tokens.  I only use command points for Classic Legends, I'm only collecting classic legend 5 stars and newer 4 stars currently.  If they are going to make a change it should either be to go back to the way things were or introduce a third legendary token to make people who don't like the current option happy.
    I'd be fine with that.  What about a vault token. 15 cp, no 5*'s, only vaulted characters.  Keeps the incentive to pull the other tokens by them only having 5*'s, but open up options for the people that need them.  Not necessarily perfect, but something for everyone
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    HaywireII said:
    I'd be fine with that.  What about a vault token. 15 cp, no 5*'s, only vaulted characters.  Keeps the incentive to pull the other tokens by them only having 5*'s, but open up options for the people that need them.  Not necessarily perfect, but something for everyone
    As long as it's just vaulted 4's (no threes!!) I'd love that idea. As people get retired from classic/latest, they can enter that pool.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly said:
    HaywireII said:
    As long as it's just vaulted 4's (no threes!!) I'd love that idea. As people get retired from classic/latest, they can enter that pool.
    That's my thought process.  It's valuable at 15 cp although it doesn't have to be that amount, but it gives options to those of us that desperately need it, while the lack of 5*'s should keep plenty of people focused on the other legendary tokens.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    n25philly said:
    n25philly said:
    HaywireII said:
    That's my thought process.  It's valuable at 15 cp although it doesn't have to be that amount, but it gives options to those of us that desperately need it, while the lack of 5*'s should keep plenty of people focused on the other legendary tokens.
    I would probably open classics at 20 until, I have most in the tokens max-covered or champed, then open the 15 CP token to bring along old people and add champ levels.  Then, repeat the whole cycle when enough new characters enter the 20 CP token.  Latest would be for my 5* transition.