Bonus Heroes giving wrong heroes?

hawkeyeguy99
hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
I get the idea behind bonus Heroes and tbh, it's not a bad one but to this day it has not worked for me. Everytime I get a "bonus" hero it's some random hero that I didn't favorite. I haven't once got the hero I've favorited since they started bonus Heroes. Am I doing something wrong? I'm just supposed to hit the yellow star right?

[Moderator edit: updated subject line to be a bit more clear what problem is being reported. -Dayv]

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The yellow heart, not a star.  But yes, that's how it's supposed to work.  You also have to have a bonus hero for each star level.  If the game is about to give you a 3* bonus hero, but you only have a 4* and 5* selected, then the game will give you a random 3* as a bonus.  Check your bonus hero selections by going into your roster and filtering by bonus heroes by selecting the heart in the drop down.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The yellow heart* and yes.
    You get a favourite hero *from the star tier you faved*.

So, for example, if you open a token and get a 3* hero and trigger the bonus, you'll get one of your favourited 3* heroes as a bonus. If you didn't select a 3* hero, you'll get a random hero from that tier.

What I think you're thinking is you selected a bunch of 4* heroes and expected to get those whenever you landed a bonus hero. Sadly it doesn't work that way. You'll only get a bonus hero if you earn a 4* character in a non-vault token.
  • hawkeyeguy99
    I wish that was the case but it's been happening with my 4* favorites as well. I'll try updating my list of favorites and check in again when I pull the next bonus hero.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to recall when it was first implemented, they selected a few BH from each tier for you automatically, but that the hearts weren't highlighted. For instance, I think they had picked Luke C4ge for me, but his heart wasn't highlighted to show him as a BH. I think for the ones they picked for me, I selected them to turn the heart yellow, then again to clear it out. 

I've seen other people report getting heroes they haven't selected, even though they've picked at least one for each tier. I've never received one I haven't selected, so I don't know if it helped that I selected then deselected the ones they had chosen for me to begin with. 

If you can't remember which ones they picked for you, you might just need to select every hero at every tier, deselect them, then pick at least one at each tier that you want. Kind of a way to reset the system. That's what I would try doing first at least anyway. 
  • murmelmann8
    murmelmann8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Its bit strange for me too. I get bonus character but from the last 10 i got 7 thanos 3*
  • hawkeyeguy99
    I fixed it by going in and editing everything. Working fine now. I just had to change everything and re-do what favorites I wanted.
  • Toppo
    Toppo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    If there is autoselect issue, you can confirm by store details, isn't it?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toppo said:
    If there is autoselect issue, you can confirm by store details, isn't it?
    yes you can see all selected favorites for the tiers available in that pack
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,200 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen a bonus hero in a few days and ive opened a handful of tokens
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen a bonus hero in a few days and ive opened a handful of tokens
    That's not really the point of this (generically titled thread). In any case, you'd have to open a lot of tokens (probably around 30) each day to have a reasonable chance of seeing a bonus hero every day. And that's not counting tokens that don't have a bonus hero chance (any token that draws from a vault, basically, including taco tokens). So your experience doesn't seem very unusual to me
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal said:

That's not really the point of this (generically titled thread).
    [Moderator edit: updated subject line to be a bit more clear what problem is being reported. -Dayv]