There's a black and grey version of the boards...sort of.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I keep accidentally stumbling into a black version of the message boards.
I'm annoyed I didn't take a screenshot. I clicked away and immediately realised I should have for proof.

Clicking a thread seems to give me a quick flash of the dark version (ironically) and then it goes to the regular white version.

I, personally, think the black version looked nicer. Seemed a little wider (might be wrong) but it was certainly easier on the eyes. Is this a WIP alternative that keeps sneaking through in code form, or is there a way of actually changing the appearance of the board that I'm just not seeing?

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I saw something like this just now myself.  I thought it was a browser glitch inverting things.  I'd LOVE a "dark theme" of some kind. 

It's always easier on the eyes.
    I still miss the 2008/2009 era of the Xbox 360 dashboard before they had to bend over backwards to make the dashboard support Kinect (heard that's why everything had to be on a white background or something or other)...
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I've seen the flash of it, but I figured it was that the background didn't load first and we were seeing the blank base.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Sure it's the the new windows 10 creativity update that's messing with you? It has a dark theme that can be wonky. 
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Just refreshed this page and saw it. I could get used to it.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Click the 'toggle full page' icon (two diagonal arrows in the upper right of the box where you type your comment) and a ying-yang looking symbol will show up next to it where you can 'toggle lights'.