Resetting a taco vault?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Has anyone ever paid 1,000 HP to reset a taco vault? I'm curious if it does a complete shuffle of rewards, or if it only changes the cover colors of the existing characters. 

Comments

• fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I have wondered this too.  scenario: I pull the legendary token or the yellow Peggy cover...if I reset it, will I get another shot at another legendary token and Peggy cover?  For 1000 hp, I would think it would be worth it if I had a huge taco hoard.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have wondered this too.  scenario: I pull the legendary token or the yellow Peggy cover...if I reset it, will I get another shot at another legendary token and Peggy cover?  For 1000 hp, I would think it would be worth it if I had a huge taco hoard.
    I assume it's like every other vault in that, yes, it will reset the featured character for that vault so you can pull another if you're lucky enough.
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    The featured characters stay the same - The colours are randomised.
  • PuceMoose
    Do you know if it resets the 3-star selection? I was a little bummed not to have any Thanos, Strange, or Hawkguy in my allotment of 3-stars in the vault. 
  • Toppo
    Toppo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

How about non featured 4*s?

i'm not sure they are random like PVE vaults though.

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you have more hp than you know what to do with, the only things in this game worth purchasing with hp are roster slots and shields. If you have more hp than you know what to do with, pick up the 100hp daily tokens. That will get you at the very least 10 2*s compared to resetting the taco vault, which gets you a new collection of things to look at. 

If you already got the lt/4* from the vault and nothing else looks appealing, wait for the next set. Or draw blind from an inactive vault.
  • Toppo
    Toppo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

dr tinykittylove

Totally agreed. I never use reset in normally.

But just curious and it will helps my hoarding tacos pulls at once in near future.

• feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Do you know if it resets the 3-star selection? I was a little bummed not to have any Thanos, Strange, or Hawkguy in my allotment of 3-stars in the vault. 
    The 3*s that have multiple covers stay the same (except for the colours). The rest are randomised... at least from what I remember!
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've used the reset on the taco vault a few months ago. Had 340 taco and Peggy came up as the featured 4* when you reset the featured 4* stays the same but the color changes. Everything else I believe resets also non featured 4*, 3* etc. I managed to pull 3 Peggy covers from the vault so it worked out for me
  • PuceMoose
    *Whew* I ate a lot of tacos. I decided to do the deed and break open the vault. I finally got the Peggy Blue cover at pull 210 (better than the one other time I tried to grab a 4-star from a vault - took me 281 pulls to grab a Prof X yellow). Since I only have 62 taco tokens left I am not going to bother resetting the vault. 
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    if they really are planning to go away with the taco vault, i'll probably end up just keeping them and breaking them out when i need health packs. i've got 325/450 right now and i've been waiting for a few months for a vault worth spending them on. at this point nothing has come up. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never. I think the taco vault is too big and I never really get anything of value out of them. I think vaults should offer different rewards at different shield ranks. 
  • Beltim
    Beltim Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Friend just tried this ... he got 2 of the 4*'s in his first few pools, so he tried to reset the pool.  It left one of the 4 stars there (it was quake, and she was the hero for the 4* deadpool event), but the other 4 star hero rotated out.  So your mileage may vary ...