Please revisit 4* PVE rewards in CL8 and above

2»

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Skrofa said:
    I would think that a mobile game would like to see players invested in the game at all times of the day.
    Sure they do that with time slices and stuff but that just means that the same players play at the same time of day.

Because, at the moment, a competitive pve player's schedule is mostly play for 2-3 hours straight and then just forget about the game.

I think you've misunderstood the fact that the game is also played in ASIA and Europe which are on opposite time schedules.

So every hour a different player group enters into their "2-3hr" play window.  Their is no such thing as overnight in this game.  People hit each other when its convenient for them to play not when its convenient for you to shield.  Once your score has exceeded the shard's equilibrium pont (rough average score of all players) expect to be shield hopping till the end of the event or your score falls below the equilibrium point.
    But this thread is about PvE, where players are playing at the same time around the world.

I'm in the UK, and there is no slice that works for my schedule, because my work hours vary through the week. Unless I'm on leave (and have nothing else going on), I can't play optimally. Despite that, I get T50 in SCL8 in every event, even the last couple of new releases, with my mostly 3* roster.

I play in the first bracket of slice 2 and the same player wins every event. I'm sure everyone playing that slice knows who I mean. That person deserves the prizes, and so does everyone else who works that hard to get T10, but it's a lot of work even to get T50, and while 3 3* covers are always appreciated, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that that level of commitment merits a 4* reward. If not in every event, at least in 7-day ones.

(As an aside, I've had to go for slice 3 this time for a variety of reasons, and it's awful. I fell asleep on my face during my final clears last night and missed T50 in the sub by not very much. I think I'm getting old.)
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    Skrofa said:
    I would think that a mobile game would like to see players invested in the game at all times of the day.
    Sure they do that with time slices and stuff but that just means that the same players play at the same time of day.

Because, at the moment, a competitive pve player's schedule is mostly play for 2-3 hours straight and then just forget about the game.

I think you've misunderstood the fact that the game is also played in ASIA and Europe which are on opposite time schedules.

So every hour a different player group enters into their "2-3hr" play window.  Their is no such thing as overnight in this game.  People hit each other when its convenient for them to play not when its convenient for you to shield.  Once your score has exceeded the shard's equilibrium pont (rough average score of all players) expect to be shield hopping till the end of the event or your score falls below the equilibrium point.
    Being in an alliance with europeans and americans (mostly) I quite understand the intricacies of the world wide nature of the game.

I was talking mostly of the individual players and their habbits.
    You shouldn't be forced to play at specific intervals for a "pve" feature. At least, without getting that feeling of missing out on rewards.

Gauntlet, boss fights and DDQ are the only true pve events in this game.
    One of them tests your roster in a nice diverse way.
    The other is a very nice alliance driven event.
    And a nice casual break.
    All the other "pve" events just exasperate this grinding feeling