3+4 does not = 12 or 20 DEVS

jerrymol1
jerrymol1 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
3+4 does not = 12 or 20 DEVS.
I think you all need to go back to school DEVS. Learn some math.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... I don't get it. Context plz?
  • jerrymol1
    I used it as an example. More times then not when the A.I. gets a tile match they get more AP than they should. Hence 3+4 does not = 12 or 20. I do not know how many times I have seen the A.I. have 3 AP then make a 3 or 4 match with no cascade or such and have it add up to more then it should.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards

I played a match where I was watching the AP generation of a team. Beginning of the round they had 9 Purple, made a 3 match (12 now) next round switch called in a reality crush. Still don't know where that extra 2 purple Ap came from.......

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    This is one of the most frustrating quirks in this game. And while most rants on here can correctly be attributed to confirmation bias, this just cant. I don't know of anyone with any actual evidence for this, but it drives me crazy when it happens. 
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if this applies to the OP's case, but many goons auto-generate AP each turn. Like, if you're playing a node against Carnage + 2 goons, the goons might generate red every turn, leaving you wondering "how the hell did Carnage get red so fast?" 
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Sluggo said:
    I don't know if this applies to the OP's case, but many goons auto-generate AP each turn. Like, if you're playing a node against Carnage + 2 goons, the goons might generate red every turn, leaving you wondering "how the tinykitty did Carnage get red so fast?" 

This happened to me the first time I was playing against Carnage. "What just happened?!"

I'd pay attention to enemy team makeup. If there's even one goon, free ap is coming each turn.

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Boommike said:
    This is one of the most frustrating quirks in this game. And while most rants on here can correctly be attributed to confirmation bias, this just cant. I don't know of anyone with any actual evidence for this, but it drives me crazy when it happens. 
    That evidence bit is key.

If this keeps happening to you, try recording your matches so you can show us. It's all but guaranteed to make the problem go away. I think it has something to do with quantum physics and the observer effect. 
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker

I played a match where I was watching the AP generation of a team. Beginning of the round they had 9 Purple, made a 3 match (12 now) next round switch called in a reality crush. Still don't know where that extra 2 purple Ap came from.......

Starlord CD? Hex bolt cast before reality? Not enough info.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    jerrymol1 said:
    I used it as an example. More times then not when the A.I. gets a tile match they get more AP than they should. Hence 3+4 does not = 12 or 20. I do not know how many times I have seen the A.I. have 3 AP then make a 3 or 4 match with no cascade or such and have it add up to more then it should.

Goons generate AP every turn. That could be it.
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Boommike said:

If this is happening outside of goons or AP generation abilities, then it's a bug. But, if it's happening because of those things, it's working as intended. You are correct in that confirmation bias couldn't apply here, but users not understanding the system potentially does.

If you feel like this is happening, look at the enemy team first. If there's a goon, you have your answer. If there isn't a goon, consider the abilities of the opposing characters. There are plenty of ways to get AP outside of matching. Once you've ruled those possibilities out, try to record it happening, and report it. 

• jerrymol1
    Does not apply with feeder Goons as I know what happens with them. Happens with tile movers. Avengers. Have brought this issue up to the DEVS in the past. Always the same answer with most other problems. Isolated incident or does not exist. Will be looked into.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lukoil said:

Starlord CD? Hex bolt cast before reality? Not enough info.

It was the standard winfinate team of Prof X/ Switch / GSBW. Hex bolt was not cast beforehand as they didn't have enough AP for that ability.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Careful.  They give out warnings now for suggesting that people might be bad at math.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only we could see the AP on the mobile screen without the need to swipe right or left.. but hey at least we can clear a PvE node 6x and not get a green check mark to help us "know" there's still points in the node!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *The AI does not cheat. It never has. If you feel something in the game is happening that shouldn't, open a ticket and let the devs look into it.*
This discussion has been closed.