Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#85!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
Talent Agent Venom

* New store ... 
* Minor change to story mode 
​* And, this week featured character: Agent Venom!

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - a little playlet to kick things off
    - Beat 3Carol with Flaptain and beat Waspy with Peggy today. Others have mentioned these Crashes are getting tougher and they are correct
    - I bought the first offer with Bum Fist at 2500 HP because I could see the what other threes I was getting. Not taking a chance on random elites
    - That, and the 'official explanation' https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=why-am-i-seeing-different-store-offers-and-pricing-than-others is super suspect
    - 'They don't go whimsically making changes' oh, Ray...
    - I only know Gronk as the guy who keeps jumping the rail at WWE events
    - Maybe I should bump Craig's After Dark again...
    - Halloween 3 criminally underrated horror movie. Almost wrote 'film' but let's not go crazy
    - hashtag beaver house
    - I thouroughly enjoyed the Red Hulk vs. Gwenpool debate
    - Fred Durst, avid listern of the show
    - I've been learning about Agent Venom today having just champed him this morning, gonna run him at 3/5/5 as that red is not cost effective, he ain't coming up in a Crash until at LEAST October
    - My four star bonus covers always flucuate depending on who is closest to an LT
    - For the first time in a LONG time, my vine is 100% clear
    - My reward of the week was a bonus five star off today's Crash Token, getting me a red Cliff and black Thanos!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017

Was that an excerpt from “The 13th Warrior” at the start?  (Underrated movie).  If Michael Crichton adaptions are going to be the norm for show openings now, I can’t wait to hear you guys do “Disclosure” next week.

It’s shoot, not fire.   SHOOT that poison arrow (through my heaaaaaaaaart)!  Good god, man, don’t you know the ABC’s of extremely niche 80’s pop culture references?  ;)

If you’re going to be 5/1/1 on a character, 4* Blade is a good one for that, because his red is his best color.  Once its gets going with Bloodlust, he’s incredible, doing 6K per turn when boosted and champed.  Having a lot of fun with him, Red Hulk and 4* Carol (who feeds Blade’s red) in the Unstable ISO PVE.

Your love of the new Voltron is forgiven, Halloween III is the best of the Halloween sequels, precisely because it didn’t beat Micheal Myers into a dead horse.  Plus, bonus points for any film that places Tom Atkins as the leading man.  In “A” movies, he looked like the loud mouth in a bar scene that get punched out by the hero, but in B movies, he was THE MAN.

After a small hoard opening when the new season started I had 6 Agent Venom and 5 Mordo (plus some Spiderwomen and a Riri cover).  I ended up going with Mordo to champ and selling the rest this morning, since he’s a villain release and I want to support those, but I suspect neither is going to impact my roster in the long run. As a result my vine is now cleared, with the exception of 3* Hawkguy, who I will champ next.

I’m tempted by the 2500 Hero for Hire store I have.  Back when you could buy covers with HP, a 4* cover was 2400HP, so 2500 + extra goodies is not a bad offer.  Only thing is I don’t actually NEED any of the covers they’ve offered so far.  I’ll save up for now until I see a Coulson yellow or purple (he’s at 4/3/5) Iron Fist (5/2/3) or any Cloak & Dagger cover.

My reward of the week was another purple 5* Thanos, bringing him to 5/5/2.  I’ve still got him favorited as a bonus hero, I figure if its black or purple I’ll get CS to switch to green or if that fails, use the No More Guns Store.  Maybe then I’ll get him to 5/5/3… and then proceed not use him outside of trivial nodes & PVP seed rounds, like the rest of my 5*’s.

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I hope that Ian & Craig both had terrific birthdays. :)
    --"Civil War II", AKA 4-star Carol's Crash of the Titans, was super easy even without a full cover'd Carol. She's so darn good!
    --The nickname for 4-star Carol should be A-Force Carol.
    --I'm not unhappy to see the 4-star vaults gone.
    --The Heroes for Hire store is very contentious. Personally, I like the idea. My offer has been the 2500HP version each time. I only made the purchase that first day with Hyde, the 3-star covers (which were all Champion levels), 4000ISO, and 1CP. I haven't seen any other 4-star offer'd that I'd particularly want to buy. Well, I'd have liked a Hulkbuster cover but the one that was offer'd was a color that I already have five of. In my opinion, 2500HP is a better deal for one 4-star cover than 120CP. On the other hand, I can't imagine anybody who is low enough is SHIELD Rank to have the 3-star offer instead doing this deal; 20CP for a 3-star cover is far easier to earn than 2500 (or even 3600) HP.
    --My version of the store does show the upcoming covers offer'd.
    --I would hate it if the "retired" 4-stars were added to the Classics store but that's me being selfish. I already have almost everything I would want from those characters and am appreciating improved odds at building newer characters up quickly.
    --The green checkmarks are back. Thank the Force.
    --I often post on Monday, sometimes Tuesday. It's Wednesday morning (well, in my time zone) this time. I hope I'm not too late. By the time I post, I've already listen'd to the show four or five times and I'm listening again as I comment.
    --I've never seen Halloween III but somehow had the soundtrack on cassette when I was a teen. Must've been from a garage sale.
    --The guy (I don't understand the name enough to even attempt to spell it) who has the Rulk nearly ready to Champion should absolutely spend the 120CP to do so. This isn't Riri or Miles. It's Rulk! I've now spent 120CP for specific covers four times. My hand shakes less each time.
    --If it isn't in the Wiki, Ian, is it "alternative facts" or "false news?"
    --Gwenpool may turn out to be my next Champion. I'm up to twelve covers on her. I also have twelve each on Elektra and Hulkbuster but they aren't in the stores any longer.
    --Oh, irony of ironies. Last week's episode isn't number'd in iTunes. ;)
    --Ian, you have good reason's for playing on your desktop but being able to play mobile opens up the time that you can play. If the powers that be would transfer accounts for anybody, it should be you.
    --Once I have Agent Venom Champion'd, I'll set him at 5/5/3.
    --With 3-stars, I was totally on board with the idea of waiting until I had cover #14 before Championing them. With 4-stars, that's gone out the window. When they hit 13 covers, they're my new ISO dump until they become my newest Champion.
    --I have EIGHT blue & black Hawkguy covers dying on the vine. There's still about five days until the first one would expire during which I hope to draw a purple so I can Champion him. If that fails, I'll spend the 20CP.
    --I also have a blue Coulson and a yellow Carol dying because those are each at five already but the characters aren't close enough to being Champion'd.
    --My reward of the week was a red 5-star Hawkeye. I now have EVERY character in MPQ!
    --I'm with Ian when it comes to marking someone as a Favorite who already has five in a color. 
    --Congratulations on your Champion Medusa, Craig.
    --"There is no plan B."

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    i don't have much to say right now, other than I don't want to just let jeffcascadian be last in comments anymore.
    How about, what are your Guardians of the Galaxy MPQ predictions?  Did they nerf OML to give 5* baby groot the strongest yellow heal?
    I did buy the starlord heroes for hire because he got me my 13th cover.  I would have rather than the cheaper package because with shield intercepts, elite tokens aren't that rare.