Quick Battle Stats Screen Graveyard

Options
2»

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hit 1000 wins today, and I got my first top 10 in qb this week in second place (@ohboy got first with like twice my score haha) 
  • ironer
    ironer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

over 10000 finally. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow that's impressive
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options

Won a qb for the first time last night.  Looks like only Shteev can touch my W/L%
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JopeX37 said:
    http://imgur.com/U61MCMy

Won a qb for the first time last night.  Looks like only Shteev can touch my W/L%
    Decent win %, grats! :)

@shortnamed has us both beat on 97.8% tho... unless thats gone up in the last few days?
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    JopeX37 said:

@shortnamed has us both beat on 97.8% tho... unless thats gone up in the last few days?

Idk about anyone else but I'd bet somewhere between 25 and 50 of those losses were to game crashes/freezes so I'm probably north of 98in games I actually got to finish.
  • shteev
    Options
    JopeX37 said:
    shteev said:
    JopeX37 said:

Idk about anyone else but I'd bet somewhere between 25 and 50 of those losses were to game crashes/freezes so I'm probably north of 98in games I actually got to finish.
    Ain't that the truth... I'd easily have gotten a win streak of 1000 with Jace 1 back in the day if not for crashes. That guy was crazy powerful before the nerfing mallet hit him repeatedly in the unmentionables.
  • shteev
    Options
    Actually, you know, thinking about it, I don't think that post WAS off topic, was it? And it seems a shame to just delete the question of a new forum user. Here, I'll put it back again:

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @shteev- that post is 100% on topic as far as I'm concerned.  These Quick Battle Stats go back to the beginning of the game, and deserve some historical context.

One other thing to note is that in the early days of Quick Battle, there was an incentive to back out of a match if you were facing a planeswalker who was ranked the same or lower than you.  You got 50 runes (1 ribbon) for beating an evenly-matched walker, 100 runes (2 ribbons) if it was 2 levels higher than yours, 150 (3 ribbons) if it was 3 levels higher than yours, and so on.  I forgot where it ended (250?).  But it was enough of a difference that people wouldn't level their walkers.  Also, some walkers got worse as you leveled them up.  Their abilities did more, but the abilities cost more loyalty.  So, there would be a sweet spot where you level up a walker to get a benefit, but leveling it further gave no additional benefit.

At that time it should also be noted that you could get 3-packs of cards by spending 225 runes, so there was an advantage to taking an immediate loss in a bad matchup, and trying for more runes in a better matchup.