Sales, nerfs, and a separate idea for the devs

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
Many feel that the recent oml debacle was a money grab on the devs part. Combined with the hp sale pre nerf, and the horrible little packages offered now, it's hard to argue against that feeling. 

That said, a better solution is out there. Want more hp sales without breaking the game or developing new ideas? Lower the refresh rate on shields. People blow thousands of hp on pvp.   Let them do it more often. 

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I admittedly don't play PVP all that intensely, but let me for a moment play Devil's advocate: if people can shield more often, that removes their points from the pool, except for those individuals who had them queued up already. Fewer points available means greater difficulty hitting progression rewards for those below (up to whatever level of progression they might reasonably be expected to reach).

That's not game-breaking?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL, were you around before shield cooldowns? If you weren't, I can tell you from experience that things were pretty much the way they are now. Don't worry about it. I'd even posit that removing cooldowns would have the opposite effect, because more people would be hopping and more often, so you'd have more targets and generally higher scores.