I've lost more PvP matches in the last 3 days...

snlf25
snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
...than I had in the previous 3 months combined.   I can't buy a win for anything!  Boosts don't help, I get NONE of the AP I need. I just had my 4hor, Iceman, and IM40 get their tinnykitties slaughtered by 3* Thor for tinnykitty sake after I'd killed the rest of the team. Unbelievable cascades, every recharge tile gets matched away in ways that seem more likely to win the Powerball twice in a row. I used 3 health packs, went after 3* team with my 4* team of championed Peggy 4Hor and IM40 full health and got not only beaten but beaten but within just a few turns by strang3 3fist and cag3. I'd done almost zero damage. Anybody else having these problems?

*Removed profanity - Ducky

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dat RNG, tho.

Everyone has **** streaks. I've had entire weeks where I feel like flinging my tablet across the room.

Just take a break if it gets frustrating. Sooner or later you'll hit a match where you get 30+ AP on the first turn and slaughter the AI.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was more shocked this wasn't OML rant.  but it was last couple of IM40 pvp /lightnnig rounds, i've had other team fire off 2 red powers in the same turn, i don't remember them ever doing that before.   just once end turn, then 2nd time the next turn.   never in same  turn, till this week.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd suggest it's because you're using unboosted 4*s. But then, I don't know which clearance level you're doing.

Speaking for myself, if I see a team of unboosted 4*s, that's a nearly free win for me when I throw my level 360+ 4*s at you.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    when he said "boost" i think he means +damage +colors, not boosted characters.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    These aren't defensive loses, this is me going into my typical 27 point fights (all I can ever seem to get) against teams I typically handle with ease and just getting nailed. I forgot to mention this is happening in the Simulator so no boosted teams, just ap boosts for power acceleration.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every bell curve has its far end. A system involving randomness does mean that this sort of thing will happen sometimes. And with as many players as MPQ has, going through as many matches as we do, we generate enough random events that the combos of them go pretty far out on that bell curve.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally,  I just think its a problem with IM45 pvp.  Since IM45 is always in the LR rotation, I can tell you from personal experience that this event has a very small tipping point.  It doesn't take much for IM to get his recharge off and  depending on your team composition, you could be struggling to fire 1 power, while the AI just keeps cascading and firing powers continuously.  
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I just got hit by such a sequence of cascades that a seed team in a lightning round almost took out mine. Awful cascades happen and they suck. They suck even more when they happen in consecutive matches.

If it's not already, set Peggy's yellow at 5. It won't stop the cascades of doom, but may delay the inevitable tinykitty storm of powers.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe OP had unbelievable good luck before, was making horrible match choices and was winning despite bad play.

Now rng is moving back to true and the loses are realistic. Forum always assumes players are right.

:->
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it happens sometimes. The part that annoys me about PVP is how the matchmaking keeps putting you up against "just a little bit better than you" opponents. I mean, I get it. Have to keep giving you that "I need to upgrade..." feeling, keep that hamster running on the wheel. But it does make those first several rewards feel like an unnecessary slog. I've got a few champed 4* now and it's still an awful push to even hit 575, because of course now every event I enter, look! there's 2x 4* boosted champs of the week! Meanwhile I only have Ice & Thor as upper tier champs.

It is what it is, I suppose.

I do relate about the nasty losses. I tried a tough match in SHIELD Sim last night against a champed HB paired with a champed Jean. Nasty but I thought I could pull through if Ice could get his stuns going. Well. HB fired his blue, and the board blew up into so much red that by the time it settled he was sitting on 20 red AP. In desperation I tried Ice's purple (it was all I had), which promptly made a match-5, so Jean stunned me, and that was the end.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happens to everyone, and even though I know it's random, it does seem to happen a lot in a row for me, too. I'll have a horrid day, where the matches just crush me. It won't be a single fight. It'll be the entire day. Then, my next day will be the other way around. It's weird. I think it was two days ago when I lost one of the DDQ matches. I was so mad, I went back in boosted just because I didn't want to feel the humiliation of losing a lousy DDQ match twice in a row.