Vaulting isn't fun

Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
Vaulting the older characters has essentially removed the championing feature. My old 4*s used to level consistently through champion covers, but now that is not happening. These high level 4* covers slowly increase their prizes, making your ISO gain increase exponentially incentivizing you to champion ASAP. Now, the feature that used to give me tons of ISO, HP, CP, EXP, and Tokens has been nerfed. Note in reality the HP, CP, and Tokens just result in more ISO allowing everyone to actually champion the new 4*s.

Even if I was receiving as much resources as previously, there is no way to keep up with championing all the new 4*s. I am forced to save my CP because I dont' have millions of ISO when I end up finishing multiple 4*s simultaneously. For example I have 5 new characters finished and 3 almost finished. If I start opening tokens that will likely lead me to at least 8 characters to champion or I will waste a bunch of resources and progress. So I have to save up 3 million ISO to be safe? Wait, by the time I do there will be more new champions though, so now what?

Wasn't the champion feature supposed to save me from wasting? The once great feature is a shadow of what it used to be.

When 5*s were diluted you made the decision to vault them, but you allowed us to still obtain them routinely. Why wouldn't you do the same with 4*s? You were literally presented with the same problem, so why did you go with a different solution that was obviously bad? Was everyone getting too much ISO?

The game isn't fun if I can't open the hard earned CP I received. Why would you create a game that punishes you when you try to progress? I feel like we are right back where we were before championing, and it sucks. I might as well go play Mario where when you beat a level you can choose to go to the next level by losing lives and points or replay the same level again.

*clarified misleading title - Ducky

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you earn 20K ISO a day?
    If you can, you can keep up with the new releases - just stockpile until you have 3 million ISO and then open everything and level all the latest twelve to max. You may need to skip a few characters that will have left the pool before you reach your goal though.
  • Dauthi
    edited April 2017
    Quebbster said:
    Can you earn 20K ISO a day?
    If you can, you can keep up with the new releases - just stockpile until you have 3 million ISO and then open everything and level all the latest twelve to max. You may need to skip a few characters that will have left the pool before you reach your goal though.
    Is that all?  ;) I play a lot but have never calculated my average ISO per day, so if that is possible, then that would be great. That does sound like a lot though. Also, I wouldn't just lose a few of the current new characters, there are 5 old ones I didn't champion either.

That still leaves the problem that our championed 4*s come to a grinding halt when leveling with covers. What's going to happen with the balance of 3* to 4* when most players will have their championed 4* with only a few championed levels while 3*s get maxed out?

Seems like 3*s and 5*s are going to have the feature while 4*s get left behind.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    What's so bad about hoarding CP and LT?  I hear that's the best way to transition to 5*.  Think about it. 

As for daily resource accumulation, I'm getting more now than ever before:

35K to 40K ISO
    300 to 400 HP
    15 to 20 CP
    300 to 400 XP

..and that's just one day
  • Dauthi
    edited April 2017
    bbigler said:
    What's so bad about hoarding CP and LT?  I hear that's the best way to transition to 5*.  Think about it. 
    Because more 4*s mean more resources, which means I can champion more characters. It compounds the resources exponentially, vs trying to skip to 5* which provides less resources while eating a ton. It also thrusts you into 5* competition which I would rather do once I finish all my 4*s to have an edge. It's the same method I used going from 3* to 4*. 

Before the vault 4*s were a great farm if you were utilizing them. They have effectively cut off this massive resource factory for 4*s.
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    bbigler said:

As for daily resource accumulation, I'm getting more now than ever before:

35K to 40K ISO
    300 to 400 HP
    15 to 20 CP
    300 to 400 XP

..and that's just one day
    do you have a job?  how are you able to spend so much time playing?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dauthi said:
    bbigler said:
    Because more 4*s mean more resources, which means I can champion more characters. It compounds the resources exponentially, vs trying to skip to 5* which provides less resources while eating a ton. It also thrusts you into 5* competition which I would rather do once I finish all my 4*s to have an edge. It's the same method I used going from 3* to 4*. 

Before the vault 4*s were a great farm if you were utilizing them. They have effectively cut off this massive resource factory for 4*s.
    Ummm...there's 2 things that you're missing:
    1) There's no end in sight with the 4* tier, so don't plan on finishing it.
    2) You can continue to champ 4*s AND save CP/LT for 5*s at the same time.  Since you've champed the latest 4*s "too fast" just slow down your CP/LT spending and start saving for a 5* hoard.  Because of this mechanic, I like vaulting.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I have a job and average those numbers that @bbigler stated on just doing my pve clears. Unless it's a 2 day sub-event. Maybe some people need a better job. 
  • Dauthi
    edited April 2017
    bbigler said:
    Dauthi said:
    bbigler said:

Ummm...there's 2 things that you're missing:
    1) There's no end in sight with the 4* tier, so don't plan on finishing it.
    2) You can continue to champ 4*s AND save CP/LT for 5*s at the same time.  Since you've champed the latest 4*s "too fast" just slow down your CP/LT spending and start saving for a 5* hoard.  Because of this mechanic, I like vaulting.
    Before this change I was championing 4*s faster than they were being released using this farming method, so there was an end, maybe that's why it was cut? That's why I have "championed them too fast" as a free to play player. Once this change hit I ran into a wall almost instantly by suddenly have 8 dupe covers, something that hasn't happened in about a year.

Imagine have 0 waste in every pull you make giving you more experience, tokens, hp, and CP. I used HP to buy vaults of characters I needed to finish allowing me to complete characters and use the rest as more resources. The extra tokens, EXP and CP should speak for itself, including the extra CP from buying 20 cp tokens vs 25.

Since you obtain 4*s much faster than 5, focusing on championing all of them first is the most logical step for the most resources in the end.

I personally think it silly to rush to 5* before you have the previous tier. You end up using the same characters forever, been there done that. I don't want to be forced to do it again, but again, that is my opinion.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I do feel the same as you about the championing levels helping progression, but there are alternatives. Am I bummed that my "Nova" has 13 covers, but the game forces me to champ Spider-Woman first, yes. It is what it is. I will have to fit in championing my vaulted 4*s. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to start a similar thread. Now, the championing level cap for every character will be around 280-290. After that, the character will get vaulted, and you'll basically never get to champion it again.

They should make one LT that has all 4*s and one with only newest 4*s. See which one players choose, and how often.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I was going to start a similar thread. Now, the championing level cap for every character will be around 280-290. After that, the character will get vaulted, and you'll basically never get to champion it again.

They should make one LT that has all 4*s and one with only newest 4*s. See which one players choose, and how often.
    you mean like a 'latest legends' token and 'classic legends' token? damn, i just don't see how they could do it...
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    FokaiHI said:
    I have a job and average those numbers that @bbigler stated on just doing my pve clears. Unless it's a 2 day sub-event. Maybe some people need a better job. 
    I didn't know you could get so much from just pve clears.  I am jealous and wish I had a job where I could play MPQ and not get fired.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    FokaiHI said:
    I didn't know you could get so much from just pve clears.  I am jealous and wish I had a job where I could play MPQ and not get fired.
    Don't you realize that you are supposed to make this game your job?  That you are supposed to spend every penny you get on it?  Maybe then the devs might give a **** about what you think, but as much as they seem to despise their customers these days I doubt it.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    We need another "stop the bad math" thread on this.  You don't need "millions of ISO" to continue opening your tokens you need.....0 if you can bring in 25k/day.  You open until you get a cover that requires champing to use and then you save up your 350k over 2 weeks, champ, and then continue opening.  That's it. If you make 25k/day you never have to sell a 4* pulled from a token again (exception for 5/5/x characters of course).  

It's really no different from the old system, except for in the very near term your odds of pulling a character that isn't champed is likely higher and so you will be "forced" to stop pulling and saving up the ISO a bit sooner.......at least until you get all the latest champed, then you just pull everything immediately and it's wonderful.
  • GoldenArm
    GoldenArm Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    jredd said:
    mpqr7 said:

you mean like a 'latest legends' token and 'classic legends' token? damn, i just don't see how they could do it..
    Yeah, and imagine if this "Latest Legends" vault contained the latest characters and the "Classic Legends" vault contained the older, or "classic" characters. In other words, not the same 4* characters as the "latest" vault.

Just imagine that..
  • jimitulip
    jimitulip Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I am a newer player, playing for 270 days. I have all characters and that is disappointing i cant champ IMHB (2-2-2), or Iceman (1-2-4), because you cant get enough covers for it. Everyone forces to have all the new characters, you can see everyone with the same teams in pvp. The new vaulting system is killed the diversity and their is not much option to get extra champ level to the older characters and getting the rewards of it.

Please give back the old system, cause this game is not about 12 4*s.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Vaulting would be fun with Vintage legendary token that would contain rest of the 4*s.
    Problem of new 4*s was you coud have never maxed them in short time frame - with vaulting you can, but you cant max out almost anything else :D