Flames of the faltine bug [Solved]

Silentmbb
Silentmbb Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
I was playing against goons in The Hunt Event, and noticed that sometimes Flames of the Faltine did not trigger when a goon used one of his abilities. Played the same node again and find out that Sniper's Deadly Shot simply don't trigger at all Flames of the Faltine. Is that a known bug? By the way, I'm using 3* Strange. 

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Not a bug. Deadly Shot is a passive. Passives don't trigger Flames.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Sniper's deadly shot is a passive and thus doesn't trigger Strange's yellow.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    That's 4 different topics about the exact same thing (going back to the last run of "The Hulk"

Z566hugu
    which is more disheartening...the fact that no one searches or that the game has so many bugs we start to think things working as intended are bugs

btw the Sniper's power description even states it as a passive
  • Silentmbb
    Silentmbb Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Sorry guys, never noticed this before and did a quick browse on the thread titles to see if I could find something before posting. 
    Thanks for the answers!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This particular 'feature' just highlights to me the reason why this Sniper ability and Brotherhood... Criterion? shouldn't have passive powers that create countdown tiles, OR, why passive ability banners should look noticeably different from activated ability banners. It's just not intuitive enough otherwise.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Passives aren't always clear as passives. Some like the snipers look like active powers. Some just don't work as the power explanation implies. I.e. Thanos black firing when you down an enemy doesn't fire when that enemy dies from a passive like flames of the faltine. According to the description it should though because the trigger should be the death of an opponent, not an active power downing an opponent.
    All in all the descriptions often are misleading and passives aren't as intuitive as they should be.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Passives aren't always clear as passives. Some like the snipers look like active powers. Some just don't work as the power explanation implies. I.e. Thanos black firing when you down an enemy doesn't fire when that enemy dies from a passive like flames of the faltine. According to the description it should though because the trigger should be the death of an opponent, not an active power downing an opponent.
    All in all the descriptions often are misleading and passives aren't as intuitive as they should be.
    The game code just won't allow a passive to trigger another passive

otherwise Starlrod vs Starlord would get....well....weird
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

It's not about passives triggering passives, Court Death doesn't need to trigger every time Flames of the Faltine triggers, just when FotF downs an enemy. That's a whole separate event & should be a check that Thanos runs after each power & match is made on his team's turn. The problems with Court Death seem to be secondary effects not being checked, which I'm guessing was the devs attempt to prevent the ability cascading on itself.

As it is now FotF can down an enemy & that will trigger Court Death, I have been using that team for easy nodes for weeks & that part works as advertised. I haven't tested it with other passives that deal damage, but re: O.P. Flames has always worked exactly as described for me.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker

It's not about passives triggering passives, Court Death doesn't need to trigger every time Flames of the Faltine triggers, just when FotF downs an enemy. That's a whole separate event & should be a check that Thanos runs after each power & match is made on his team's turn. The problems with Court Death seem to be secondary effects not being checked, which I'm guessing was the devs attempt to prevent the ability cascading on itself.

As it is now FotF can down an enemy & that will trigger Court Death, I have been using that team for easy nodes for weeks & that part works as advertised. I haven't tested it with other passives that deal damage, but re: O.P. Flames has always worked exactly as described for me.

Actually, doesn't Thanos' court death state " when YOU down an enemy"?
    That means if an action made by YOUR team downs an enemy, then it triggers. Except of course from death from the courtship.

Can some of the abilities be described better? Sure! This ain't one of them though
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate this. Every time, every time, Hammer Snipers are in story, a thread starts about "Dr Strange passive bugged" or "Starlord passive bugged" or some other reactive power not working. Worse is how many times such threads are started for for ISO mutants (Subject and Criterion I think) regarding Self Destruct, which is much more obviously a passive effect. Hopefully, next Hulk or Unstable ISO 8, I'll remember to post "Dr Strange NOT bugged! Deadly Shot is passive!"
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Marking thread as solved and closing
This discussion has been closed.