Unstable ISO-8: Double ISO (please...)

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
We haven't had a double ISO event for ages, and I guess due to the vaulting changes we all drown in unapplicable covers and are ISO-starved.

Could we please get a double ISO event? I'd even take a 7-day one for that.... ;)

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, i think that with the pool of available 4*'s shrinking to 12, you're gonna get a lot of people sitting at 13 covers, needing ISO. Time to just flat-out double it everywhere
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Must be mostly Steam players here, I had no problem getting Latest12 to the point where only C&D will not be champed next season (but also not fully covered...), and *may likely* champ Wasp before end of this season. 
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Must be mostly Steam players here, I had no problem getting Latest12 to the point where only C&D will not be champed next season (but also not fully covered...), and *may likely* champ Wasp before end of this season. 
    Amazon player here, and if you take a look at the Bugs forum, players on all platforms have lost SHIELD intercepts for no apparent reason. Face it, it's not a reliable source of ISO for anyone, because a bug could make yours stop appearing at any time.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather they do Prodigal Sun.
    Once they introduced the new PvE style events a year or so ago, cleaning up PS so it didn't have two sub events that needed completing within 12 hours, it became my new favourite event.

Almost no Dark Avengers, plenty of variety in who you fight every day, free Sentry cover...it's pretty fun, I think!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does...does anyone else feel like ISO is actually pretty easy to get these days?

Back when PVE nodes mostly coughed up 70 ISO over and over, clearance levels didn't exist and neither did intercepts, I was totally on board with these threads. I remember thinking it would be really great for my progress if I could get 15k a day. 15k! To reap such a harvest! Surely, I was unworthy of such a boon.

Now, though? I haven't even been playing that hard since vaulting and OML's nerf completely borked my long term plans, and I easily clear 30k daily, often more. That's more than enough to level a 4* to 270 from scratch before a cover expires, and the 5k-ish loss from selling and re-champing a 2* is a speed bump. I've champed the recently released 3* characters in a few days once I get them covered.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a double ISO event, I just feel like the "MOAR ISO" complaints are a little outdated.
  • supergarv
    I fully appreciate and agree that getting ISO is a lot more easy nowadays.

My main issue is that due to vaulting i now often have 2-3 4* covers expiring and need to scrap a whole lot of good covers. A double IsO event to be able to spend more at a specific timespan would be nice.
  • Jarvind
    edited April 2017
    supergarv said:

My main issue is that due to vaulting i now often have 2-3 4* covers expiring and need to scrap a whole lot of good covers. 

Just stop pulling heroic, event, and legendary tokens until you have enough ISO to champ somebody. When you do, pull until you get a champ-able cover. You'll never waste a cover again.

You can still pull elites and tacos with almost-impunity if willpower is a problem, as long as you keep an eye on which 4* covers are coming up from champ rewards.
  • supergarv
    I do that, I get those extra covers from PVP/PVE placement plus 3* champ rewards ;)

(I got 18 LTs and 1400 CP unpulled due to ISO shortage; I have 3 fully covered 3*s and 21 (!) fully covered 4*s... so I really need Iso, like a lot)
  • Jarvind
    supergarv said:
    I do that, I get those extra covers from PVP/PVE placement plus 3* champ rewards ;)

(I got 18 LTs and 1400 CP unpulled due to ISO shortage; I have 3 fully covered 3*s and 21 (!) fully covered 4*s... so I really need Iso, like a lot)
    Yeah, my bad. I have the majority of the 4* tier champed (I think I'm up to 37?) so I forget sometimes about progression rewards, since they're mostly just a champ level for me. All I can give you on that is that it'll steadily become less of a problem as you champ more characters - I regularly have 200k+ banked by the time I get a cover for somebody that is covered but not champed.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    The simple alternative to giving us more Iso is just making the game require less of it. Honestly I think 2s and 3s are fine, just make it cheaper to champ/level 4s and 5s. I don't know jack squat about whats required on the technical side to implement these changes, but I'd imagine it's more complicated to have the game give us more of something, as opposed to us needing less of it. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to a double ISO event, I just feel like the "MOAR ISO" complaints are a little outdated.
    I absolutely agree that iso flow has increased massively in 2016.

But then you also have to realize that when we're talking about making 30+k iso per day, we're talking about spending 20% of your waking hours on the game every single day. So I can completely understand everyone who feels like there's not enough iso available.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    There is iso available for sure. If  you play PvP and PvE you can get 30-40k per day. It's just too much commitment, it's time consuming, you can't take a break. I think iso is the major issue in the game.  

They keep coming up with new ways for us to covers characters faster (champ, 7 days events progression, heroes for hire, vaulting to some extent, etc), but there's no point in throwing covers at us if we can't keep up with the champ schedule. 

A double iso week would be very welcome at this point.

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    ISO is certainly easier than ever to obtain. The problem is there still just isn't enough. With characters being released every 2 weeks or so and not to mention a backlog of fully covered 4* that need to be champed, they need more double ISO events just so people can catch up. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to see every new release event being double ISO, PvE and PvP. I feel like that would be a win-win. We'd get more ISO, and the Devs would get more people playing. I don't usually bother with new release PvP, because 4* PvP takes forever, but I would for double ISO. I know there are people who sit out release events and just wait for the progression prize in the next.