What is "power grid rating" in PvP

astrp3
astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
I noticed today that when you are attacked in PvP while shielded, the popup that appears says 'SHEILD has updated your power grid rating based on your performance.: Below that is a number (for me it was 524 last time, and I think it was around 600-700  the two times before that. It also identifies who attacked you with another number in parenthesis (46 in my case).

Is the number in parenthesis the # of points your opponent got for attacking you?
Is the number (524) your MMR? If so, is it ever given anywhere besides this screen? If not, why are they even showing it to us in the first place? Has anyone ever tried to use these numbers to get a better idea of how MMR is calculated (I believe it only looks at won/lost percentage, but I'm not sure).

I found a couple of mentions of this in earlier posts, but no details.

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    The number is the score of the person who attacked you.

The number in parentheses is the points you opponent gained, as you say.

You don't get ever get to see your MMR.  It's sekrit.

MMR is based on your roster now, not win/loss ratio.  People used to abuse it when win/loss ratio counted by repeatedly retreating to force easier matchups.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure "Power Grid Rating" is just in-game lingo for your current amount of points in that event.