Unhappy with recent changes

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
So I have been playing for almost 2 years now. I grew to love this game and feel quite addicted to it, but it never bothered me. I spent more money than anyone ever should spend on a free app game, but I liked it, and I wanted to support the game. Lately though, stuff has been spiraling out of control around here.

I can appreciate the need for change.

If what they said was true about OML, and that 10% of all matches won involved him, I can understand why they'd want to change that. IMO, they should have incentivized us to use other characters by making those other characters better, not by making OML worse.

The problem with dilution was very real. It was incredibly hard for some (maybe most) people to cover their characters. We needed to find a way to separate characters into different pools, otherwise all token pulls were becoming shots in the dark. I personally liked it more than the current situation because my roster progressed more uniformly, but that is all personal preference and does not need to be discussed any more than it has been already. I do not believe "vaulting" any characters is ever the right decision. Even if the odds, with bonus heroes, basically equate to "same as before", this didn't do anything to help. Same old box, new shiny bow.

The constant stream of new releases will not change the above fact. It only serves to make it harder. I do not care that they keep releasing new characters, some of them are quite fun. But the problems aren't going away. What happens when the pool of "vaulted" 4 star characters reaches 40? Then the vault is roughly as big as the pool was before vaulting. Then what? Even if this was a great solution (I believe it was a bad idea), it was only a temporary band-aid at best.

The bugs are growing. Every new update, I keep hoping for bug fixes and don't seem to see any. In my opinion, character "nerfs" are much less important than the current count-down tile bugs and the current Daken bug. Also, if those were fixed, I would never care about ability "banners" ever again. Character nerfs and banner representation are the only fixes I ever seem to see.

So after all of that, I just don't know what to make of this situation. I still am addicted to this game, but I have certainly pulled back the reigns on how much I play. I used to play a few hours a day, scattered throughout the day. Now I am down to about 45 minutes a day. I also haven't spent money in quite some time. Part of me wants to think that if I spent more money, then maybe good fixes would come in. This feels incredibly naive, and I feel like trusting a development team that doesn't have the best track record in recent times would be foolish of me. I don't aim to "punish" them by not spending, I just can't bring myself to reward bad behavior. Like many, I still love this game. It has brought me a lot of joy in the past, and it is still somewhat pleasurable. The potential to make this game amazing again is gigantic. A few small and true quality-of-life tweaks could echo for years. If they choose not to, I am sure the game will survive as well. This is not a declaration of "the game will die if they don't appease us!" Instead, it is a belief that they will need to rely more on customer turnover, because it sounds like a lot of people have had enough. I am not yet there, but I can feel my interest waning. I do not expect this post to have an impact on much, and I expect lots of vitriol from the forum, but I can handle that. I just wish we could find a happier medium these days. Lots of people will ask for too much and obviously the developers will ignore them. But there have also been some wonderful ideas floated around by the forum veterans that could really alter the mood around here in a positive way. The longer we go on where all they do is make some pretty awful changes, I paraphrase Risky Business... sometimes you gotta say what the fudge

*Clarified title - Ducky

Comments

• Crnch73
    more of the same with the new heroes for hire store. super expensive, not really worth the investment. Still treating 4's as if there are like 15 in the game, not 45
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's past time for "what the fudge", it's past time for "tinykitty no".  At this point it's "for tinykitty sakes"
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    It's past time for "what the fudge", it's past time for "tinykitty no".  At this point it's "for tinykitty sakes"
    I'm at the point where I am wondering why they suddenly **** hate us so much
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    I'm at the point where I am wondering why they suddenly tinykitty hate us so much
    They'll continue to push the envelope to see what kind of **** we are willing to put up with....

apparently the answer is a lot ... :(
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Tinykitty bruh 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I just champion my first 5 :star: and got called a ???? by my alliance, so if not quit find a new alliance at least. 
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    i agree with everything you said.  its only the fun i had when i first played the game that has kept me here this long.  if the string of bad decisions continue then i dont think my past experience will continue to hold.  i am the cmndr of a t50 pve alliance. after the oml nerf and vaulting i decided to tell them i was going to leave and become a casual player only to discover that i had 1 player quitting thanks to a save game corruption where d3 basically offered no compensation and the majority of my other member saying they felt they had had enough of the dev team **** us and wanted to go casual as well. several have told me they also are only still here because of sentimentality.  if they nerf tacos i think it will be the thing that pushes several past the breaking point. its sad really.  this could be such an amazing game and was before all this. 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
     this could be such an amazing game and was before all this. 
    This has never been an amazing game. It's been a game with amazing potential. Unfortunately, that potential has never been realized. I'm also moving closer and closer to significantly reducing my investment in this game due to recent changes, and a desire to reclaim a large portion of my free time. We'll see how things play out, but if they keep moving in this direction, the decision becomes much easier.
  • Crnch73
    recently, I had discovered that the only thing that is truly keeping me from quitting is the progress made up to this point. I like my roster, I would like it to be better. But I just can't bring myself to throw all that work away (nevermind the money I spent). So is this a great business model, where we rest on our past accomplishments and say "the thing I like most about this game is that I have spent so much on it." ? And it would only take a few small changes to make a lot of people really happy, without hurting their stuffed wallets. Why? Why is this happening?