Punisher has been nerfed!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
No I am not referring to 3* or 4* Punisher.. I have been nerfed on the forums! I have not had a chance to play around with the new forum since it's implementation because I relocated from NY down to GA. Now that I have have check it out, I am very disappointed. All my reputations points are gone! I have been on the forum for over two years, which I raised up to be a top poster.. now I am starting over. I understand this isn't a big deal to many players on the forum but the forum definitely kept me playing, even taking me out of retirement last year. Last time the forum was upgraded, many players complained and they had to have a link at the bottom of the page so we could view the forum the "old way". Unfortunately that does not exist with this new forum. The new forum is very difficult to look at it.

Was forum change necessary? Is the forum going to be "upgraded" every year? I will have to get adjusted to the new forum but at this time it looks like I will spend alot less time here. It is disappointing they did this after all the negative changes to MPQ lately. Anyone else miss the old forums? Anyone else think they will spend less time here than they used to? Feel free to comment below. Also, since I am starting over, feel free to like my post lol

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I don't like the style, the loss of rep, the auto forward to unread posts and having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to move forward to a new page (and this is one page at a time). They nerfed the board!

Also the OML nerf coincided with the changeover - we've nerfed the only 5* you have with more than 5 covers, whoops we are working on a new message board so you can't moan, bye!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    If you click on your icon, it should take you to your profile/discussions... there is something there called "Points"... I don't know exactly what it is, but it seems to increase but I don't know exactly what increases it.  It's the closest I have come to finding something similar to Reputation points.  On the same screen you have your tally of peoples ratings of your posts... it's a nice place to go to see privately how you are doing, but not publicly.

I too miss the reputation points... I was proud of my reputation to post count ratio.

If those "Points" are impacted by your "like" "lol" etc... it could be the new "reputation" system that maybe can be coded to be displayed like reputation was?

I asked for an explanation for what it is but haven't received a response yet. @Brigby can you shed any light on what the "points" are for or how they are accumulated?

Edit: How can you off-topic an Original Post that actually sets the topic of the thread? lol.  I can see that in the middle of a thread... but on the original post... it is actually impossible for an original post to be off topic in General Discussion.  I guess if you are using it as a "dislike" button, there you have it.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know. I don't think it's too bad so far. It about the same aesthetically to me as the old forum. I like the new options other than the like button. Off topic, LOL, Insightful. Those are honestly kinda cool! Sorry to hear about losing your rep points, but I'm sure it's still transitioning over from the old forum. I see you still have your title from before, so I don't think it's completely disappeared. But so far, for me anyways, it gets a like. Also, you like my post and I'll like yours! Hahahaha
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I understand now why mods get upset when people don't read the "welcome" post. 

"Ranks and Titles" was literally one of the first things to be mentioned in the first post of the "welcome to the new forum" thread. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Punisher5784 who?  :)
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor

:D Hey, Pun - even though you welcomed me into your casual alliance years ago, I'm gonna have to OT you on this.

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    ***Please keep discussions regarding the changes to the new forum in the official announcement thread. Thanks***
This discussion has been closed.