3* PVP boosts

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
I want to talk about the PVP boosted featured character. I think the levels of boost they are getting is bordering insane. For me trying to get to 900 has again been made even harder. My own 3* are pretty good but it's now getting to the point where 1 champed and boosted 4* cannot get it done unless the circumstances are perfect like Peggy being boosted. It's getting to one not being enough.

For instance the last pvp I needed the Carol cover. My boosted was Nova, usually a pretty good one to have boosted. Yet every single PVP match also had a 35k health black panther. Even boosted Nova needed an absolute ton of red for me at my MMR to punt 3x30k health characters in the air and keep them there.

Next pvp is the same I see IM40 around level 380 and 35k health, yet my boosted 4* is 367. What is the reasoning behind a 3* boosted far more than a 4*? It seems to have shot up recently, is this just a poor solution rather than 4* pvp?

It's got to the point where after putting in a load of work to get a boosted nearly every week,  I might as well go back to PVP 575 until I have two per PVP, by the time I can consistently score 900 I won't need the 4* cover any more :D

Comments

• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    IIRC, the boost to the feature character was always a little bit higher than normal. I don't think anything there has changed, I think what you are seeing is a year+ of veteran players adding champ levels to 3*s, who are now at level 240-250+, and then getting boosted to those meaty level 380 numbers.

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of champ 3* are finally seeing the promised boosts at higher champ levels that we lost when champs were first introduced when they nerfed the power curve on them.  It's been a long time coming, finally nice to see the power start to take effect.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    As others have said, you're just seeing the result of added champ levels. Bring a stunner and you'll be fine. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah ok I didn't realise the curve was that steep, thanks. I never used to see any above 15k health unless it was thor and it's only recently it seems to have jumped like this. I used to clap Rhulks hands together and watch the featured fall down, now I'd need to do that twice. :p
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just saw my first maxed 266 IM40 with over 40k health.  So I hit him.

To your initial post - I think 900 with just one maxed 4* has been difficult for quite some time now.  I haven't played a pvp with less than 2 maxed 4*s and a high level boosted 3* in months and I still take lots of hits.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I just saw my first maxed 266 IM40 with over 40k health.  So I hit him.

To your initial post - I think 900 with just one maxed 4* has been difficult for quite some time now.  I haven't played a pvp with less than 2 maxed 4*s and a high level boosted 3* in months and I still take lots of hits.
    I usually do a few matches with 2 Maxed 4*'s to "set" my defensive team and then fall one back to a 3* AP battery (IF/Switch/IM40) for climbing.  4*Thor and Ant Man were annoying to play against but terrible to climb with.  4* THor and IM40 were easy to climb with but easy targets on defense.