Token Pull and Hoarding Threads being Relocated

Ducky
Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
In an ongoing effort to keep the forum organized and user-friendly, we have decided to keep all token pull, hoarding, and like-minded threads centralized in the Theory and Statistics sub-forum located in the Tips and Guides section. An added benefit of keeping the information centralized in the Theory and Statistics sub-forum is that it will allow anyone who wants to do greater analysis on topics, such as token pulls, easier access. 

In order to allow for an easier transition to this change this announcement will remain stickied until April 24h in order to give everyone ample time to see it.

Thanks!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed.

Does the new Forum allow for some kind of cross-linking? I wouldn't have a problem if the threads lived in the other forum if there was a way for it to also live here as a place marker that when clicked opened the thread in the other forum so you could read/comment on it. It would be especially handy if the place marker updated the date/time based on posts in the other thread so it wouldn't slip off the 1st page immediately.

KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is fine, but it basically feels like an end to those threads by throwing them in a section of the forum no one reads. Unless you're trying to get people to view other sections, in which case moves like this could begin to accomplish that I guess. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would certainly help if they brought back the 'active topics' list. I'm too lazy to navigate to each MPQ forum individually, so 90% of my navigation on the 'old' forums was by browsing through the active topic list. As a result, since they moved to the new forums, my time on here has drastically reduced because navigating around is a mess.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good change.I am fine with people sharing the stats but the "stats" section is precisely the place. Now if you want to publicly complain about the final results (maybe just with general details - eg. I have opened 100 legendary tokens and only got 1 bonus hero cover) - then the General discussion might be a place. But overall - the move helps to keep the forum organized. And God knows that after the change the forum needs everything to be well organized as it's sometimes hard to digest. 

And I agree with OLG - other section of the forum are very useful and have plenty of helpful people around.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    With respect this feels more like moving the dirty laundry to a spot no one looks.
    I don't think it feels like that at all - of you catch my meaning.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Just visited that subforum for the first time in ages.  There's 15 announcement topics, and with all the other new forum fluff, new threads aren't visible until I've scrolled down 60% of the page.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just visited that subforum for the first time in ages.  There's 15 announcement topics, and with all the other new forum fluff, new threads aren't visible until I've scrolled down 60% of the page.

Theories and Statistics has no announcement topics. You may be thinking of Tips and Guides, which has a lot of announcements... including one that discusses what needs to stick around and what can be around.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good idea for organization.  Perhaps we can customize the "Categories" box on the right margin with our own preferred categories rather than D3 assigned categories?  Don't know if it would be possible, but I would make much better use of it... right now I ignore that entire right margin.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno why y'all don't go to the other forums. They're not as whingy and dramatic as general and people are generally very helpful 
    Exactly, then what's the point.  No whining, no drama, HELPFUL?!  That's not an internet forum....

Anyway, yeah I agree this change is kinda lame, but oh well.  Out of all of the bad things happening in and around the game this is light years from the worst...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Can we have the "Theories and Stats" subforum added to the home page? (http://forums.d3go.com/) It doesn't currently appear there.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    It would certainly help if they brought back the 'active topics' list. I'm too lazy to navigate to each MPQ forum individually, so 90% of my navigation on the 'old' forums was by browsing through the active topic list. As a result, since they moved to the new forums, my time on here has drastically reduced because navigating around is a mess.
    I really thought there was a link around here somewhere that showed new posts in a similar way, but I can't find it now.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Love it! I never read those, they're boring to me and clutter up the forum.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I dunno why y'all don't go to the other forums. They're not as whingy and dramatic as general and people are generally very helpful 
    I use Characters, Tips and Guides and Events quite a bit. But outside of those all of the traffic is here in General. This is where everybody is and where everybody discusses the game. This is not a busy board or a busy forum and there is no reason to be so regimental. If you don't like a topic, well sorry, scroll an extra 1/4" and there will probably be something more to your liking. Over moderation does nobody any favors and nobody deserves to have their topics thrown away on a board nobody visits. Suggestions and Feedback especially seems pointless. the devs post here when they post. It feels like it's simply deleting your post without actually deleting it.