5 star Black Panther "Move...or be Moved"

J-Sin
J-Sin Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
The passive part of this power almost never triggers for me. It should have on several occasions and just doesn't. Most recently, I was fighting a team with Moonstone, and she hit me with Photon Blast dealing around 4,000 something damage (Not sure the exact amount, but positive it was over 4k) and I had the Panther up front. The power states if he were to take 3471 or more he would negate 50% and be stunned 2 turns. Didn't happen. 
As I've said, this isn't the first time this has happened, but it's happened enough to prompt me to bring it to your attention

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's a known bug with AoE damage not triggering it, but I've never seen targeted damage fail to.  Not that it should make a difference, but was that boosted by strike tiles?  It could be that he's triggering on base damage instead of strike tile damage.  Actually, that could also be the root cause for it with Moonstone, if he's only counting her base damage and not the bonus amount for red tiles.

Anybody else seen this version of the problem?
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What Davy is saying could very well be the issue. Her base damage and the extra damage for red tiles are probably seen as two attacks. Both hits are below the threshold for activating "Move... Or Be Moved".
    The same happens with Daken's "Chemical Reaction" (two attacks), or Thing's "Rock solid" (passive not activating, damage below threshold because of seemingly two attacks), for example. 
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everything with a base and a conditional bonus seems to be counted as separate operations whether they should be or not