Is saving 4 Mordo covers worth 120CP? Advice welcome

Options
StevO-J
StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
I recently opened a hoard of Heroic tokens which led me to open up some Classic Legendary tokens in order to save Medusa covers I had in my queue. Where I was succesful in doing that I now have 4 Mordo covers in queue with my Mordo at 5/5/2, because I was... unwise (fine, call it stupid)... enough to not stop after I could max Medusa and try to save 1 Mordo cover initially. Great, now I'm stuck with the same problem for a different character, only with a while lot less CP in hand.

Putting aside the extraordinary luck I seem to get in getting maxed ability covers of non-maxed characters (have several at 5/2/1 or the like) I now have the ability to buy the last Mordo cover for 120CP and save those 4 covers, sell those covers in 11 days time or try to push my luck and open 6 tokens with that 120CP and see if I can get the final Mordo cover.

My question now: what would be the best thing to do in this situation? Any advice is welcome.

As some background info: I don't play PVP competitively, just up to 575 or slightly above if I feel like it and don't get beat down too soon, so I don't need the strongest characters to be maxed ASAP or anything. I usually max a character to save as many covers as I can, as I did with Medusa (276 now, got to play 2 days with her boosted in PVE: Whoa, she's awesome). And I know Mordo isn't top notch.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordo is not very good but if you have the iso - I would open the tokens with him as the only Bonus Hero. You might get lucky. You might keep pushing to get as much CP as possible (it's around 20 a day) for the next 14 days. Then pull the classics with him as BH and pray. If by the time you are down to 120 CP you have 8 Mordo covers and still need one - pony up the 120 and champion him. That's what I would do in the circumstances. 

Using CP that way fits the playstyle you have described.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’m about 230K into the 370K needed to level and champ Mordo after a hoard opening at the start of the season left me with 5 extra covers for him (Don’t need to spend CP, he’s 4/4/5).  I’m hoping he’s one of those that’s suddenly makes sense and is great once you’ve got enough covers to champ him (kinda like Nova was a sleeper until people maxed his covers), but I’m not holding my breath.

There’s a couple of reasons why I’m chasing him  (beyond the 5 covers):  1 – he’s going to be in that new 12 for a long while, so you’re going to see more covers of him for the rest of the year at least, you might as well give them a home to go to now.

2 – I (and others) have always asked for more villains in the game, so I feel like I have to support him. 

None of those are slam dunk reasons, but maybe  they’ll work for you.  No one would blame if you didn’t.  With the decreased pool, selling 3-4 four star covers is going to be a more common occurrence I think.  I’m likely going to be selling 4 Agent Venoms, 3 Spider Womens and a Riri cover because I won’t be able to do Mordo and one of them before the covers expire (from that same hoard opening)  I’m not really worried about losing any of them though.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, it worked out pretty well for me in the end. I had made up my mind to just buy his final cover for 120CP because I already had 2 Blade red (@ 5/2/3) and 1 Coulson blue (@ 1/2/5) cover to sell and didn't want to risk getting even more useless covers. But seeing I had 317 CP saved up I was willing to risk one pull to try my luck, and what do you know... it was the Mordo purple I so needed! Much rejoicing and happiness ensued... Champed Mordo directly after that and he's now my 25th 4* champ.

I'm probably going to hold off on opening LT's until at least Wasp and Spider-Woman are out, have those two champed and with the exception of Agent Venom (@ 3/3/4) I have all other characters with one power at level 5 so I think the risk of turning 20 CP into 1000 Iso is just too large.

Thought I'd give an update on what happened to my cover stash, and thanks again for the advice given. Hope everyone who reads this gets a lucky break like I did!