Who should be my fourstar bonus hero?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

OK, so I am slowly but surely getting ready to open my hoard of Latest Legends pulls. I passed 200 pulls now, so I hope to hit 250 by the end of April. One thing I am not quite sure about is who to have as my fourstar bonus hero when I open the hoard though. Statistically, I should be getting around 40 bonus covers, so it will allow me quite a Power increase.

Originally I had Red Hulk (currently at level 293) as my bonus hero, but last week I switched to Peggy Carter (currently at level 280) as she pairs well with my current fivestar champions, OML and Phoenix. Of course I am hoping to get at least Thanos and Hawkeye well covered after opening my hoard, and considering their colors... Eh, I may just be overthinking it. I know a boosted high level Rulk is a beast, and Peggy should be a nightmare at higher levels too (jackstar0 has one well over level 300 that's quite impressive).

A few other candidates for completeness' sake though far behind Rulk/Peggy:

Thor, currently level 310, is my highest level fourstar champion at the moment and could probably be very impressive at level 350 or so.

X-force Deadpool at level 306 is not far behind her.

Hulkbuster at level 302 - old school beatdown, still useful when boosted

Cyclops at level 299 - Faced a level 370 one in PvP and got my **** kicked without even knowing what happened...

Iceman at level 289 - Contender for best fourstar in the game...

Moon Knight at level 278 - being boosted this week reminds me of how fun this guy is to play. :)

So, any advice or reflections would be most welcome. I am looking for a single fourstar favorite since I Think I'll have a lot more use for 40 more levels on one character instead of 20 more levels on two.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6 hours and nobody in. So I will try (but have in mind it's just an overall analysis - I am in no position to be sure). 

You can take out Deadpool off the list. Each level on him means that his black is less likely to be triggered. He is a great companion if his colors are being tanked (say by OML) and the black is triggered by match damage. 

Also out of the list is MoonK - as fun as he is to play when boosted he will not see much play when you have 4-5 5* champions.

Thoress and Cyclops are good for 4* land. Not sure you need them in the 5* (Thoress with Bolt maybe but you don't mention Bolt).

I love Iceman for his stun and would keep him in the loop. Also Rhulk as him - when boosted is a formidable foe for the 5* land. Peggy is great as well to slow them down. You also should consider Medusa/Carol D/Coulson from the last bunch. And last but not least - Cloak and Dagger (AP generation). 

So the list is: 
    Iceman
    Rhulk
    Peggy
    Captain Marvel
    Medusa
    Cloak and Dagger
    Coulson

When you open the hoard I suggest you have all the latest on the above list championed (or prepared in terms of ISO as you will get lots of covers). 

Who to choose from the list? If you choose one of the latest you can get them very high (maybe close to max) with the regular pulls plus the bonus. You can bring one high (say 330-340) and switch to the next one and have two done. CaD are supposed to work great with OML. Coulson and Marvel work great with Hawkeye.

The main question is who will interact with your 5* best (I assume you will play them only when they are boosted) and who can help counter the opponents. And is one going to be enough (you might want 2-3 around 320 to have a chance on a boosted each week or at least more often).

It's a tough question for sure. Maybe keeping Peggy/Rhulk both in would allow you to bring them to 300-310 levels while you get Captain/Medusa/Coulson/CaD to the same position with the regular pulls. That way you would have 6 amazing 4* good to go when boosted.

My answer to the question is probably a combination of CapM and Medusa or Coulson. I think the power creep in the 4* land will make Peggy/Rhulk irrelevant soon. Plus you are looking at another year to get them much above the 320 level where they will park if they are your solo target. So a level 350-370 Marvel would be more formidable. Plug her in when you and the opp share the same strongest color and watch her work :) What makes even more sense - the 3 being support characters might not need to be boosted to give you an edge. Rhulk definitely needs the boost and Peggy works best when boosted as well (i don't use her outside of boosted week in the 4* land).

Tl;dr
    Captain Marvel and/or Medusa/Coulson (jury is still out on Cloak and Dagger).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    6 hours and nobody in. So I will try (but have in mind it's just an overall analysis - I am in no position to be sure). 

You can take out Deadpool off the list. Each level on him means that his black is less likely to be triggered. He is a great companion if his colors are being tanked (say by OML) and the black is triggered by match damage. 

Also out of the list is MoonK - as fun as he is to play when boosted he will not see much play when you have 4-5 5* champions.

Thoress and Cyclops are good for 4* land. Not sure you need them in the 5* (Thoress with Bolt maybe but you don't mention Bolt).

I love Iceman for his stun and would keep him in the loop. Also Rhulk as him - when boosted is a formidable foe for the 5* land. Peggy is great as well to slow them down. You also should consider Medusa/Carol D/Coulson from the last bunch. And last but not least - Cloak and Dagger (AP generation). 

So the list is: 
    Iceman
    Rhulk
    Peggy
    Captain Marvel
    Medusa
    Cloak and Dagger
    Coulson

When you open the hoard I suggest you have all the latest on the above list championed (or prepared in terms of ISO as you will get lots of covers). 

Who to choose from the list? If you choose one of the latest you can get them very high (maybe close to max) with the regular pulls plus the bonus. You can bring one high (say 330-340) and switch to the next one and have two done. CaD are supposed to work great with OML. Coulson and Marvel work great with Hawkeye.

The main question is who will interact with your 5* best (I assume you will play them only when they are boosted) and who can help counter the opponents. And is one going to be enough (you might want 2-3 around 320 to have a chance on a boosted each week or at least more often).

It's a tough question for sure. Maybe keeping Peggy/Rhulk both in would allow you to bring them to 300-310 levels while you get Captain/Medusa/Coulson/CaD to the same position with the regular pulls. That way you would have 6 amazing 4* good to go when boosted.

My answer to the question is probably a combination of CapM and Medusa or Coulson. I think the power creep in the 4* land will make Peggy/Rhulk irrelevant soon. Plus you are looking at another year to get them much above the 320 level where they will park if they are your solo target. So a level 350-370 Marvel would be more formidable. Plug her in when you and the opp share the same strongest color and watch her work :) What makes even more sense - the 3 being support characters might not need to be boosted to give you an edge. Rhulk definitely needs the boost and Peggy works best when boosted as well (i don't use her outside of boosted week in the 4* land).

Tl;dr
    Captain Marvel and/or Medusa/Coulson (jury is still out on Cloak and Dagger).

Thanks. A few clarifications:

I don't mention Black Bolt because I only have Three covers for him - a lot of his time in Latest Legends was when I took a timeout from the game, so I missed that boat by quite a bit.

Of the latest twelve, I assume I will get enough covers from the hoard for each and every one to champ them with ease since statistically I should get 18 covers for each one. Coulson currently has twelve covers (at an awkward 5/5/2 build, but all I need is one more blue...) while Carol has eight covers and Medusa nine. So I should be able to get them up to 285-ish without any bonus covers, so that's a bit above Peggy's current level. I guess taking Carol up to 330 is also very appealing, and she should work very well with Thanos and Hawkeye.

ISO-wise I am sitting on a stockpile of about 3 million and I have leveled all the latest twelve up to their current maximum, so I Think I should have enough to champion all (or at least most) fourstars and at least two fivestars too.