Free NMG token

NastyNate
NastyNate Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
My understanding is that people received a 5* token just for having OML. I have a single covered OML, but didn't receive anything. What were the stipulations for receiving the token? I don't see an announcement about it.

*Clarified title - Ducky

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know that it was available for having him. Might be for those who sold him. I know I sold a single-cover and a three-cover (neither were yellow, or I'd have kept them) on my two accounts, and both ended up getting an extra token.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I never sold him or any covers and got the token.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    NastyNate said:
    My understanding is that people received a 5* token just for having OML. I have a single covered OML, but didn't receive anything. What were the stipulations for receiving the token? I don't see an announcement about it.
    Is your OML's single cover Red, by any chance? His red abilities were not changed, so maybe that's the reason? 

I received a token, and I have a single-covered OML (yellow). 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    NMANOZ said:
    I never sold him or any covers and got the token.
    Not giving up my 1/3/1 OML, but did get a token (blue Banner)
  • NastyNate
    NastyNate Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Mine is a single covered black. Would like to sell, but am waiting and hoping for the free token.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I got a free pull, in addition to the one I got for selling my 0/0/1 OML (figured might as well.  Ended up with a Blue Silver Surfer and a Blue Black-Suit Spidey.  Both new heroes for me, but I dropped my Blue Widow 1* for team-ups to accommodate.  My alliance is very casual so I very rarely send her out anyway.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still want to finish my OML... I still pull Classic LT's because I want to complete him "nerfed" or not.  Kind of felt anti-climactic knowing that my token pull was going to be guaranteed No OML... :'(
  • DingoVB
    DingoVB Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    OK, so I've seen multiple topics on this (some on this forum and some on reddit) and it doesn't appear to be a consensus: apparently some players have received a FREE No More Guns token and others have not.  One thing does appear to be universally true: only players that had OML rostered have received this token.  Mine had one cover (BLACK) and I never received anything.  Someone on reddit had only one cover (RED), sold him, got a No More Guns token as a result of that sale, and then, a day or two later, received a free No More Guns token!  Is there any feedback on this from the developer?  Why are some players receiving a FREE token and others aren't?  Doesn't seem right...  

*Clarified title - Ducky
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never had an OML cover. Never got a No Guns token. 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I have a single red OML cover and have not received any No More Guns tokens. Would also like to know what the deal is. 
  • Evilgenius9
    Evilgenius9 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    11 covers, I got one. 
    My wife had one yellow, and no free token. She did sell for the one though. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I think you not only had to have had OML rostered, but you had to have used him at some point (similar to the Banner issue/bug that occurred).
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your title is a little off.

No More Guns tokens contain every 5* BUT OML. No one got a free OML, because you can't get OML from that token.

But the general idea of not knowing why some people got the free token and others didn't is still worth looking into. The devs always seem to have some criteria for picking people to get the compensation, I would guess to avoid having to give out the compensation to EVERYONE, and the end result is that there are always people who didn't get it that feel like they should. So it always comes across like they were too stingy to just give the freebie to everyone, and in turn generated just as much discontent as the fixed with the compensation in the first place.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Had him rostered at 360 and use him regularly to clear trivials, and I got one (Banner black, whoopty doo). I'd guess that the "had to use him recently" theory is correct, though it could also be that you had to have put ISO into him.
  • Turing
    Turing Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    In case anyone is collecting data...

My OML has 1 black and 2 yellow covers.  I last used him on Wednesday to clear out seed teams in Lightning Round PVP.  I got a free No More Guns token.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Had him rostered at 360 and use him regularly to clear trivials, and I got one (Banner black, whoopty doo). I'd guess that the "had to use him recently" theory is correct, though it could also be that you had to have put ISO into him.

Never put iso into mine and honestly do not remember the last time I used him, but it was probably in the last month.

Have 3 covers for him fwiw.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I have one black and one red OML. Never put a drop of ISO into him. I received a No More Guns Tokens.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    My wife has a single yellow OML cover at level 255, uses him in almost every fight, and got a token.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I suspect the prerequisites were;
    a) he was rostered
    b) be was used
    pre-nerf

Don't hold your breathe waiting for an official response/explanation, but these make sense. e.g the Banner transformation bug.

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a 10 cover oml level 300. Sold him and received an additional 'no more guns' token. The text for the token said "thanks for sticking with us through the oml changes" maybe that's a hint as to what it was for