Random restarts

Steirerbua
Steirerbua Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
I run Marvel Puzzle Quest on my mobile device - and I remember a time when it was possible to switch between apps and getting back to the current status of MPQ afterwards. This time feels about two or three versions ago.

Currently, the app restarts at conditions that seem rather random to me: Sometimes the app switching is possible, sometimes the restart is effected after returning from some other context. Sometimes the app restarts after any PVP/PVE match, sometimes no such restart happens for hours.

In fact, I have not yet been able to figure out a pattern, what remains is the impression of an increasigly instable app. Plus, the character I get to see most recently is the Mordo in the loading screen.

Has anyone of you observed a similar behavior? How do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Steirerbua
    Is there any chance, this issue will be adressed in one of the future updates?

Or at least, would you please some kind of variation to the loading screen animation. During the last weeks, Mordo was the Marvel character most present to me and I really would appreciate a little change to this.

Thank you in advance.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or at least change it so it doesn't change as much. The multiple poses switching make it much more obvious how much time I'm spending sitting around for the Game to load. The loading time was substantially less intrusive with the animations where the character just hovered back and forth a little or something.
  • Steirerbua
    @Brigby

Is there any chance, this issue will be adressed in the near future? I really do not enjoy switching to another app - without closing MPQ - and switching back, only to find MPQ feeling the need to restart.
    Not only is this annoying, it also consumes time I could already spend playing.

Or ... if it is technically hard to solve - would you mind changing the loading screen image? Mordo really had his time in the sun and - given the numerous restarts - he had also had his share fading in my head ...
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    This is generally related to the amount of RAM on your device rather than a specific issue with MPQ. When I ran the game on my Nexus 5 (2 GB RAM) it would almost always reload MPQ if I switched back and forth to another app. With my current Nexus 6P (3 GB RAM), it can usually maintain the state of MPQ even if I switch. However, if I have too many other apps running in the background (especially things like the camera or a navigation app), that will cause the game to reload when I switch back.

It's possible MPQ's RAM needs have increased, but I would also suggest trying to determine if you have other apps that are staying in memory and reducing the amount available to MPQ. I would try to force close any apps you are not actively using.
  • Steirerbua
    Thanks for your hint, I was considering that as well. Therefore I gave it a try: I force closed all the apps currently running, but two, namely MPQ and an audio player. I gave the device a rest, turned off the screen, but left it running. It stayed in that state for about two hours, after which I turned on the screen again. A check showed that exactly the two named apps were still active ...

... I switched to MPQ, and - surprise - it restarted. So you might understand, that this left me quite confused ...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***If you haven't already, you should submit a ticket with Customer Service as they may be able to point you in the right direction. Additionally, if it is a problem with the app, it allows them to note it and keep a record which helps solve the issue.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mpq-support ***