Flaptain v. Capt. Marvel

Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
In this week's CoT, I noticed that Capt. Marvel gets Energy Absorption twice whenever Flaptain fires Dive Bomb. Is this "working as intended"?

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes and no

"does x base damage" plus for the protect tiles

so the game interprets it as damaging her twice
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Exactly what Summer said. Same goes for other characters such as Daken or Kingpin, who do base damage and a certain amount of extra damage when particular conditions are met, such as strike tiles with Daken's Blue or a countdown tile with Kingpin's Black. 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    B/c of this, i find it is best to just save enough for two dive bombs and kill her with them.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    There is a benefit in this as I've KOed 2 characters with Daken before.  Once with the base damage, and the second with removing of the strike tiles.

Not sure if this is intended or not, but this didn't used to be the case I don't believe.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc said:
    There is a benefit in this as I've KOed 2 characters with Daken before.  Once with the base damage, and the second with removing of the strike tiles.

Not sure if this is intended or not, but this didn't used to be the case I don't believe.
    If one reads Daken's power description it actually now behaves as it should
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most of the powers behaved as they should. Since this wasn't put  out as a change to the system, it is seen as an across the board bug to any conditional extra damage, splitting that damage as separate rather than added to base damage. Strike tiles are extra exploitable now due to both this and the CD damaging bugs. Pretty bad time for Nova to be boosted, and makes the Panther PVP extra health sucking.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I've dabbled with Diablo and Path of Exile, two of the most prominent RPG out there, and damage is always calculated in entirety before gets applied to any enemy. Any additive or multiplicative gets factored before damage is applied. I can't understand why D3 decided that additional damage must be applied separately from the base damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because... it's a bug.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Managed to wipe out Carol this morning. Was very close - I was down to <800 health. Her next move would have killed me, but I had enough red to fire Dive Bomb and enough protect tiles to take her out.