Falcap vs Marvel

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Any tips for today's crash?  My 4/3/1 is really struggling. 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Damage boosts and math are your friends. Wait to fire Divebomb until you can take her out.
    One red cover may not be enough though. I think I had two the first time I beat it.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tinykitty this match. 

The bug that makes abilities that have a random component count as two attacks is really killing it for me, because falcons red triggers carols yellow twice. 

I have Falcon at 4/3/3 and this match is impossible without a really lucky board and lots of boosts. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Championed FalCap got it done first try, although with only 460 health left. Definitely not an easy matchup, and I don't remember being able to win it at all until I had 5 covers in red.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options

Cycle 3: I never got close with a 120 1/3/2 Flaptain. 

Cycle 4: I barely got a win with Sam at 133 2/4/3. Had to hoard enough AP to fire yellow once then red twice for the kill shot. 

This time, won on my second try with Sam at 133 4/4/5. First try, CM hit me with black early, quickly match-damaged me to death. Next attempt, she did the same, but I was able to throw up protect tiles to extend the match. Down to ~200 health, I finally gathered enough AP to fire yellow->red for 11K and the win. 

reward: Medusa champ level. 

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After 5 attempts with a level 192 1/5/3 falcap and getting absolutely destroyed each time, I finally won.  I was able to save up 29 red and had to use them before she finished me off with her black as I was sitting around 1600 health and she had about 8400.  The 2 dive bombs got her down to 831 health and then all I had left was a match and a prayer.  Well, as luck would have it, I got 3 straight cascades and was able to finish her off before she had the difficult choice of finishing me off with Photonic Blasts or Hypersonic Punch.  So yeah, completely got lucky as **** to win that one.

LT gave me yellow Black Panther bringing him to 0/1/2

Side Note: I could not get Black Panther and then my last 3 LT's have all given me him.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Got it on my 5 attempt with my level 180 4/5/4 Falcap. Boost r/y, all colors, and all match damage.

Really, just entirely too tough and displays how broken falcap is. He takes far too long to get started, his only offense costs too much, and his blue is absolutely worthless. Add to fact that carol is a perfect foil for him, and this match is a fun vacuum.

People should win a guaranteed 5 star for beating this one. I'm sore I got like cover 8 for AV red.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my first attempt I got destroyed with my 2/5/2 188 Flapcap. I am in a bit of a conundrum, as my taco vault has a yellow Falcap, and I have 265 tokens saved up. It also has an Iceman Purple, which would bring him up to 4/5/4. I don't know if a 3/5/2 has much better odds of winning this crash, but it would be some extra health from the levels. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On my first attempt I got destroyed with my 2/5/2 188 Flapcap. I am in a bit of a conundrum, as my taco vault has a yellow Falcap, and I have 265 tokens saved up. It also has an Iceman Purple, which would bring him up to 4/5/4. I don't know if a 3/5/2 has much better odds of winning this crash, but it would be some extra health from the levels. 
    I
     think my Captain Falcon was level 188 with two red covers first time I beat it. It wasn't easy, but I did get the job done.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried three times at level 229 5/4/3 and lost.  Mostly because I just didn't think
    Invested over 100K iso and upped him to level 250 and then won.
    +2 red/yellow 50% red yellow, 50% Blue/ pink

My investment paid off - got Blade Modern Green (which seemed impossible since I had gotten one the day before) bringing him up to 5/3/5 and now I can use my two waiting covers once I champion him.

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I reccomend saving yellows and red until you can divebomb twice to end her. Onlg way I could do it
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Managed it with a 127 falcap, but fully covered. Still took 3 goes and boosts and a lucky board. This one is a **** 
  • Maniac1981
    Maniac1981 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Most frustrating match up ever, with a 5-4-2 falcap, level 230. I just can't beat her. Always cascades into black or red in her advantage. Must have tried 20 times... 

Falcap, you suck sir!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got a champ FalCap, set to 3/5/5, and it still took me two tries, mostly because I messed up on my first attempt and fired red before yellow (I was trying to work out if I could down her, clicked on red to see the damage numbers, fired the skill by mistake). I still almost salvaged that match, but she got a monster cascade near the end that would've downed me on the next turn anyway, so I bailed.

Second try I nuked her, yellow into red, from about 10K HP. Drew a Mordo for my trouble. Meh. Only his 4th cover.

Nasty matchup if you don't have a very well covered FalCap, especially with the stupid "damage processes twice" thing that's been lingering for some time now. If that's an intentional change they need to retune this match-up.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine was a level 188 0/3/5 and I did it third try. Had to get a favorable board. Saved up enough red to do a back to back dive bomb (6569 damage per). I kept her away from black and took any red I could get.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finally beat this with a 5/3/2 Falcap, level 180. There's not much point in using yellow early on because there's no way to avoid her red coming out and destroying them. (And it's bugged up so that it removes the protect tiles before it deals the damage.) Save up yellow and red so you can place down 10+ protect tiles and dive-bomb twice in a turn to end the match. If she gets to use her stun move, try to buff the strike tile she gives you, but not so much that matches activate her passive. 

If you can't kill her with 2 dive-bombs then you probably can't win this.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most frustrating match up ever, with a 5-4-2 falcap, level 230. I just can't beat her. Always cascades into black or red in her advantage. Must have tried 20 times... 

Falcap, you suck sir!
    Falcap at 5/5/2 here. Leveled him to 200, gave up after numerous boosted attempts. Red at 2 doesn't really sting. The problems with this crash:
    • Carol's very cheap red power is the perfect counter for Flappy's yellow. Because she can so easily destroy all yellow tiles after you've fired the protect tiles, it's risky to put out before you';re ready for the kill.
    • This makes Flappy's blue pretty much useless as well.
    • Well, you may get a black strike tile if you get hit by Carol's black. But she will probably match it away. And if she doesn't, it may become a liability after you strengthen it a few times because of Carol's passive.
    • Like Flappy, Carol is also strong in yellow, so she will match yellow tiles away too, either removing shields or reducing possible ammo for Divebomb
    • Carol's passive pretty much forces you to KO her in one go. Even more now that she is bugged and will absorb a single Divebomb TWICE
    • Chances are you can't 1-divebomb KO her (especially with only a few red covers), so you need 28 red AP. And guess who is also strong in red?
    Decided I had better things to do than get frustrated at a rigged match. :mrgreen:

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AT LONG LAST I beat her.

5/2/2 level 166. Had to save up to at least 9 yellow and 28 red ap (mind you I've tried this like 10 times before). After hope and fortune shined down on my and I got a massive cascade of Red without matching much yellow, I finally fired yellow with 13 tiles on the board and then fired red twice. Yaaasssssss.

LT gave me a Purple Coulson cover, so he's now 2/4/0 for me. Meh.