Crash of titans flaptain edition

roboto0007
roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
I'm not understanding the lack of balance in the crash of the titans.  Is any thought given to these match ups?  Why is an almost purely defensive support character, whose only attack ability is incredibly inconsistent and expensive being matched against an offensive character whose attacks are relatively cheap and who has the ability to generate her own ap?  Does not make for great gameplay, unless you already have falcon at or near max level.  Super frustrating. 

Comments

• MAXedOUT
    MAXedOUT Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Seriously, this matchup is infuriating. I have FalCap at 168, and I have at least 2 of all of his powers, and I just blew through all my boosts. On top of this, the **** can energy absorb 2 times for every Red power I use!?!?! ****, that is **** and it cost me the round I almost won due to her instantly getting a **** ton of red.

I'm with you here, and I want someone to explain how this is even close to fair.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is not cool. Captain Marvel is pretty much, from a character design, 4-star Falcon's perfect foil. The one thing flaptain does best (defense) is completely nullified by her red. Ok... so deny her red? Nope. She generates her own AP if you hit her with flaptain's one and only offensive ability. Your only hope is to have a champed flaptain. There is no hope otherwise.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fight isn't that bad assuming you have enough red covers, you just need to deny her red while you save up enough ap to kill her in one turn (or one-shot when he is champed), it is not like she has any way to steal your ap while you are building it up and if she does get off a black you can also use your blue to power up the strike tile she gives you.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    My 5/4/3 Flaptain is at level 200.  Managed to finally beet Carol last night.  This was indeed a rough one.  Had to save up 28 red AP so I could slam into her twice immediately after putting out his protect tiles.  I thought this matchup was supposed to have been made easier during the last run (last time I limped through at lvl 192)?  Is that update still in effect?  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't remember any announcement about it being made easier. I managed fine with a 4/3/5 Sam at 188, although it did take 3 tries to actually get 14 Red AP before getting KO'd.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    This is doable with a fairly low covered FalCap, assuming you have a decent number of red covers.  Save up yellow and red to for both in the same turn and even at about level 150.  Just takes luck.

That said, this matchup really highlights her strengths and his weakness.  FalCap v Falcon would be more... accessible.