Comic VS MPQ: Why / How is It? (Humor and Curiosity)

darkwatcherDEZ
darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
There is been some angst of late, so we decided to try and start a lighthearted banter called "Why / How is it?" The purpose is meant to be both funny and to get your mind wondering. It goes a little something like this...

So...

Comic VS MPQ - Why is it that Daredevil cannot detect trap tiles? Also...How is possible for characters to be invisible to Daredevil?

Comic VS MPQ - Why is it that Thanos can "Court Death" and Deadpool gets damaged as an ally? If anything, Death favors Deadpool.

Comic VS MPQ - How is it Sentry, a twisted Marvel Superman with the strength of a million exploding suns, have less of a health regen rate then Spiderman? Technically, you could do a lot of how is its with Sentry...

Comic VS MPW VS Nature - How is it that the Human Torch and Iceman at a minimum reduce the damage output to each other's attacks?

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    This post needs more love.  Great idea.

Why don't the whales hit Deadpool too?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Fists of Fury makes me wonder why Quicksilver doesn't take all the damage. How can he punch HulkBuster 1000 times and not be downed himself? I have flashbacks of the Deadpool movie everytime I use him.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Everything about Hulk is questionable. How come Hulk's Clap doesn't do AOE damage? Where did She Hulk get her power draining ability from? Don't get me started on Cho gobbling a whole cart of hotdogs!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are 3* Spidey's Spidey Senses so garbage in the game? Comics have described it as being damn near pre-cognition because of his ability to detect incoming danger, and the ability only makes protect tiles? And only when YOU match purple, so it doesn't even react to anything? The best reactive power in ALL OF MARVEL COMICS doesn't react to anything in the game? It ought to dodge a little damage when heavy hits come in, drop protects/webs if the opponent matches purple, and maybe drop strikes/webs if YOU match a color, allow Spidey to dodge attacks, use his Spidey Senses for defense, as well as giving him the edge to hit harder in combat. Further, Spidey was once touted in the comics as being the fourth strongest Marvel character (behind Thor, Thing, and Hulk, I believe), so why the hell is he a mediocre support character? He should be kicking **** and taking names. Not hiding on teams with better allies, and only welcome there because his stun isn't bad.

Also, 5* Bruce Banner should totally have a second passive ability when he Hulks out. The power should be yellow (to make Bruce cover all 6 colors, just because he can), and it should say "The Hulk can see ghosts." That is all.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    edited April 2017
    Our favorite to date by STOPTHIS "Why would Doom team up with anyone? ALL ARE BELOW DOOM!"

MPQ VS MPQ - Why is it that Spidey got all passive in his 2 and 3-Star MPQ incarnations (even Falcon eventually got AOE), and then makes the jump to 5-Star flinging cars at people? Also, 5-Star says "F yo couch and your web tile mechanics with no webbing whatsoever?

MPQ VS MPQ - While we are at it...Why is it that Spidey Woman and 5-Star emo spidey are all spidey-like, and yet make no use of any spidey web mechanics? Even Spidey-Gwen drops webs after a drum solo...

Comic VS MPQ VS MPQ - What happened to Bullseye's adamantium bones from 2 to 3-Star? It's not like he loses them in the comics.

MPQ VS MPQ - All Storm iterations drop lightning...Why is it that Rags and 4Thor can charge tiles, but Storm not leave any charged tiles in her wake?  

MPQ VS MPQ - What makes 2 and 3-Star Caps Sentinel of Liberty so friggin AP expensive? It drops shields and he is wearing one! FlapCap drops them on the cheap,  Eddie B Venom poops them out easy, and the Cages drop tem when the passive mood is right.

MPQ VS MPQ - An oldie but still true goodie... Why is 3-Hulk's Smash a single target Nuke that drains all green AP, but AOE when Fury calls Avengers Assemble ?

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is it in Unstable ISO PvE it took me 45 minutes to clear the entire Mediterranean of the Dark Avengers? That's one hell of a quinjet they've got.

• royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

MPQ VS MPQ - Why is it that Spidey got all passive in his 2 and 3-Star MPQ incarnations (even Falcon eventually got AOE), and then makes the jump to 5-Star flinging cars at people? Also, 5-Star says "F yo couch and your web tile mechanics with no webbing whatsoever?

Because of the uniform.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Comic vs MPQ - How does Black Bolt not do damage to both teams when he speaks?

Comic vs MPQ - How does Juggernaut take damage at all?

Comic vs MPQ - How does a guy who defeated Firelord (a herald of Galactus!) not have any offensive ability? #MakeSpideyGreatAgain

Comic vs MPQ - How does the Hulk's Thunderous Clap not evaporate Venom?

Comic vs MPQ - Speaking of the Hulk, how in the <Tinykitty> is this guy one of the weakest characters in the game?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Why are 3* Spidey's Spidey Senses so garbage in the game? Comics have described it as being damn near pre-cognition because of his ability to detect incoming danger, and the ability only makes protect tiles? And only when YOU match purple, so it doesn't even react to anything? The best reactive power in ALL OF MARVEL COMICS doesn't react to anything in the game? It ought to dodge a little damage when heavy hits come in, drop protects/webs if the opponent matches purple, and maybe drop strikes/webs if YOU match a color, allow Spidey to dodge attacks, use his Spidey Senses for defense, as well as giving him the edge to hit harder in combat. Further, Spidey was once touted in the comics as being the fourth strongest Marvel character (behind Thor, Thing, and Hulk, I believe), so why the tinykitty is he a mediocre support character? He should be kicking tinykitty and taking names. Not hiding on teams with better allies, and only welcome there because his stun isn't bad.

Also, 5* Bruce Banner should totally have a second passive ability when he Hulks out. The power should be yellow (to make Bruce cover all 6 colors, just because he can), and it should say "The Hulk can see ghosts." That is all.
    The thing I never got about 3* spidey is that his spider sense is supposed to trigger whenever there is danger yet in game it only triggers when his teammates make purple matches.  Is everyone out to betray him?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Comic vs MPQ. Why isn't mystique able to copy her targets' abilities too?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have always wondered why we don't have a mimic style char.  Its probably too hard for them to balance out correctly.  but maybe you steal your opponents power -1 level?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Dormammu said:

Comic vs MPQ - How does Juggernaut take damage at all?
    I do always like imagining what the actual sound effect would be when Venom uses Devour on him :D
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017

Comic VS MPQ - Why is it that Thanos can "Court Death" and Deadpool gets damaged as an ally? If anything, Death favors Deadpool.

I don't think Death deals the extra damage, I took it as Thanos still doing the extra damage out of excitement for seeing his beloved when he kills someone.  If that's true dealing damage to Deadpool could win Death's favor because they want to be together, however Thanos actually cursed Deadpool to never die so that could never happen. If Thanos were to remove the curse/kill Deadpool I imagine Death would look vary favorable at the gesture (not so much at Thanos himself).
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    broll said:

I don't think Death deals the extra damage, I took it as Thanos still doing the extra damage out of excitement for seeing his beloved when he kills someone.  If that's true dealing damage to Deadpool could win Death's favor because they want to be together, however Thanos actually cursed Deadpool to never die so that could never happen. If Thanos were to remove the curse/kill Deadpool I imagine Death would look vary favorable at the gesture (not so much at Thanos himself).
    Good point! If Thanos is the damage dealer, then DP would take more damage.

Comic VS MPQ VS MPQ - Why is it we get beast mode 3 * Hulk where is muscles cannot handle his muscles, but get the Saturday morning cartoon version as a 5 * ? (and what the heck is Graaah! for that matter? )

Borrowed from ExcretusMaximus who makes an excellent point:
    Comic VS MPQ - Why is it that Iceman looks so freakin creepy in MPQ? 

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    I have always wondered why we don't have a mimic style char.  Its probably too hard for them to balance out correctly.  but maybe you steal your opponents power -1 level?
    Moonstone used to be able to steal countdowns, but apparently it was horribly buggy so they changed it to the current attack/strike/protect steal.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Why is Bruce Banner hurting his own team-mates, since he's such a nice guy. I might expect that from the Hulk, but not from him.

Spider-Woman might be seeking redemption, but either she places herself in front of the bullets and takes them (and get killed) or she dodges them and they strike her team-mates- both is not possible.