Suggestion for improving player experience in Versus mode

HaywireII
HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
One of the most annoying things about versus mode is that the better you do the more people attack you.  Climbing to your targeted points often results in you getting attacked as often (or more) than you win and getting nowhere or even losing ground.

My suggestion is to change the points lost on a defensive loss as follows.  Make the points you lose reduced by one for each defensive loss you have already taken in the event.  If you've already been hit 6 times that 34 point loss becomes a 28 point loss.

I think a mechanic like this would encourage more people to start playing events earlier while also giving those players a slight cushion against late climbers who are hitting people for a lot of points because they are climbing from 0 close to the end of the event.  It also shouldn't drastically change the way people play the game since it's a small cumulative bonus that takes effort to build up.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I'm concerned, shielding should just mean that you don't lose points, not that you don't show up. This mechanic is what makes so many players worthless to attack. All the fights worth fighting are hidden. The system would just have to reduce the amount of points you can get from the same shielded player.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I'm concerned, shielding should just mean that you don't lose points, not that you don't show up. This mechanic is what makes so many players worthless to attack. All the fights worth fighting are hidden. The system would just have to reduce the amount of points you can get from the same shielded player.