Carnage and OML double-crossed by Elektra

new characters ... 
Power season changes ... 
patch 124 ... 
new forums ... 

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I hope Craig's wife purchased that audio book through the Profane Argument Audible click thru.
    - Hashtag Baron of Beef
    - even with a champed level 273 Bucky, that Crash vs. Panther was pretty tough.
    - Tomorrow's Flaptain vs. 3 Star Carol should be kinda tough as well.
    - And Peggy vs. Wasp was a win last time, pre-champing, this time should be problem!
    - Very glad I don't have FreeForm.
    - The way the schedule works, you won't be seeing Clock & Dagger in Crash of the Titans for at least 8-10 months.
    - I ain't putting any money on a developer coming on the show anytime soon.
    - Another bet, the ain't changing OML again. This is how he will be from here on out.
    - Sounds like Ian 'accidentally' enjoyed Pinapple Express
    - I have a green 4 star Carol, currently 1/2/5, on my vine that I won't sell until the very last day
    - I got about amonth before I may have to pull the trigger on championing War Machine...but Gotta Champ 'em All!
    - My fun teams all revolve around Melon Head. Like, did you know with Bag-Man's Web Slinger, you can have TWO Blind Spot tiles out?
    - My Luke Cage is 5/2/5, after not getting any black covers until about a month ago, I may have to sell a yellow cover for him soon
    - My vines were covered above, yellow Luke Cage and green 4Carol, and replacements for 2 star Magneto & Carol who are fully champed
    - Trading within an alliance is happening the same day they reconsider the OML nerf
    - My reward of the week was all dem Bag-Man covers!
    - Is this how Craig find out his After Dark got bumped to next week?
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    James Avery (the actor that played Uncle Phil on Fresh Prince) also did the voice for Shredder on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. And apparently has passed away. Three years ago. Ah, well. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage Nerf makes no sense at all. What next Nerf 3Storm because she lays out a ton of tiles for Medusa? I feed Storm black and have a practically invincible team because of medusa healing. The Nefarious foes was a red carnage which would have completed mine at 4/5/3 but I gave up at 575 as soon as I heard about the nerf. They should have called it Nerfarious foes! Carnage to me is now the worst 4*.

You mention discord a lot, how do I use it?

Falc crash should be easy enough, I have mine parked at the usual 120 at 3/5/5 and didn't struggle last time.

• nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Okay enough with the Gwenpool bashing!.  Im about to drop some knowledge on that tookus on why shes a better damage dealer than the almighty Rhulk

At a champed level of 270

Rhulk for 9 Green AP does 2789 AOE or if you have 18 Green AP he does 7333 AOE

GP for 10 Green AP does 4252 dmg  x 3   
    This could be 
    1. 4252 AOE
    2.  8504 to 1 enemy, 4252 to 2nd, 0 to 3rd
    3. 12756 Nuke Damage to one Enemy.
    Now if you save 20 AP (Equivalent to rhulk 18) you get 

1. 8504 AOE
    2. 1704 to one enemy, 8504 to 2nd, 0 to 3rd
    3. 25512 Nuke Damage to one enemy
    And those shots always hit, so if you have 2 enemies it will hit both and 1 enemy will just be a nuke

As far as Sploits, if you dont want to look up codes just remember 679, That will do a random column you get the board shake and 6600 Damage for 9 Purple AP (Let alone the utility if you decide to do targeted attacks with purple)

Rhulk has Health, A green battery and Board shake 
    GP has superior damage, Board shake and defensive capabilities.  She is far from a Meh character.  PUT SOME RESPECK ON HER NAME.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    That's silly nyck,

Gwenpool is much squishier than rulk, so she is less useful for sustained play.  And she doesnt self-accelerate at all, so collecting 20 green ap means at least 7 green match3s.  Rulk can turn purple ap into green 1:1, so he will hit 18 much faster than she will hit 20 (and suppress the ai at the same time).  And defense is the next best thing to useless in this game.

Gwenpool isnt useless, but you will definitely lose in any comparison to rulk.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx, youre missing the point.  She has great damage numbers, decent health, and her sploits ability can remove strikes, remove protects, remove attacks, destroy any column, row, or corner...and deal decent damage if youre destroying rows or columns, more if its random.  Who else is that versatile? (Well, other than GG or 5* hawk, but thats a whole separate tier)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Ice is as versatile.  Stun, aoe, single target nuke, self-accel, ap suppression.

Medusa is as versatile (ap generation, passive damage, board shuffle, tile theft, burst healing).

Carol is as versatile (ap gen, aoe, single target nuke, tile gen, tile boosting).

Peggy is almost as versatile (ap suppression, stun, single target nuke).

There are also a bunch of one-trick ponies that are really really good at one very valuable thing (rulk, cyc, etc).

There's a reason those characters are top tier and gwen isn't.  Gwenpool isn't bad.  But she is best at secondary skills that don't dominate the game (tile removal, boardshake, defense).  I will agree that she is a bit underrated.  But underrated isnt the same as very good.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I'm amazed I won Bucky's Crash. I only had him at 2/2/2 that day (and received another cover later).
    --Because I read some advice first, I won Sam Wilson's Crash even though he isn't a Champion, either.
    --Peggy IS a recent Champion so I'm going to crush her Crash.
    --I love the Cloak & Dagger we can borrow for a mission in this PVE. I have two covers for them by now: 0/1/1. Even there, they're decent. For six purple and nine black, I can switch from making an Attack tile at the beginning of the turn to draining an opponent's power levels for a few turns, and then back to where I started so I'm ready to make another Attack tile the next turn. Cool.
    --I'd rather have Cloak & Dagger's non-healing passive out until they actually need healing.
    --My 1/3/1, level 270 Wolverine isn't minding the nerfs applied. The nerfing is a #FirstWHaleProblem.
    --Sorry, Craig, but Carnage's changes are welcome to PVE players. It's better facing him and using him. On the other hand, he's still deadly in PVP. I thought I'd have an easy time going up against a Carnage-led team and they tore me apart.
    --Reworked Elektra is much better. I'm still not going to use her often but she's certainly a more viable option.
    --My free token for the "Old Man Meatbag" cover store gained me a yellow Black Panther, my second cover for that character and the same color as the first.
    --My only disappointment with the new forums is that I can't use the in-game icons like I could in the old ones. Oh, well.
    --I also conflated Pineapple Express with Tropic Thunder. I haven't see either of them and have no intention of every doing so.
    --I had no idea that Craig was personally coming up with all the anagrams. I'd presumed that there was an app or website that automatically emitted a list when a word or phrase is entered into it.
    --My Mr. Fantastic is far from completely cover'd but I'm actually having fun running him with Invisible Woman and Thing, both of whom are Champions.
    --Of the current 12 (4-stars), I'm most interested in having more covers for Captain Marvel and Agent Coulson. I'm marking 4-stars that are out of the current rotation as my Favorites, though. My current Favorite is Hulkbuster; he's already at 12 covers.
    --Ironheart and Blade are the characters I'm least interested in completing at the 4-star rarity.
    --Ian: "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"
    --The health reason to add levels to a Champion Battery Man is OK. I'm almost always using him with characters that tank the same colors as him, though, so my Battery Man rarely takes damage and thus doesn't need more health. As for rewards, only the 4-star character generated is different from any other 3-star's rewards (and that's only three times in 100 levels so not actually a big deal).
    --I'm sorry you're in a slump, Ian. I had one last year and just broke out of it given time.
    --I've already thanked you privately, Ray, but I want to also say it publicly for adding the episode numbers in iTunes. Thank you!
    --Ray and Craig are wrong. Donna was wonderful. Even if you think she's bad, she's not the worst companion that the Doctor's had. She's not even the worst companion since 2005.
    --So, next week's clue had me stumped. I was talking about it and my 14 year old pointed out right away that it should be Agent Venom. Ohwhattagooseiam.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx, youre missing the point.  She has great damage numbers, decent health, and her sploits ability can remove strikes, remove protects, remove attacks, destroy any column, row, or corner...and deal decent damage if youre destroying rows or columns, more if its random.  Who else is that versatile? (Well, other than GG or 5* hawk, but thats a whole separate tier)
    She's not ****, but her versatility comes at the cost of ease of use.

And yeah, her green offers better damage than Rulk's green. But Rulk is top tier not because of his green but because of his green-purple combination. If you put her and Rulk into a room, I can tell you who's green is going to do more damage ;)
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I might use Rulk with Gwen to generate green for her. That's what I do with Rulk & Iceman.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I might use Rulk with Gwen to generate green for her. That's what I do with Rulk & Iceman.
    Or Rulk with a boosted Moon Knight, like I've been doing this week.  Who cares if that 27K damage is random if it just keeps coming and coming?
  • XaOs72
    XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot said:
    You mention discord a lot, how do I use it?

On PuzzleWarriors3.com, bottom-right side of the homepage has a link. You can run it in a browser or download the app.

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Starfury said:
    She's not tinykitty, but her versatility comes at the cost of ease of use.

And yeah, her green offers better damage than Rulk's green. But Rulk is top tier not because of his green but because of his green-purple combination. If you put her and Rulk into a room, I can tell you who's green is going to do more damage ;)
    Just her and rulk?  You must mean gwenpool, of course.  Her aoe damage turns single target nuke in 1 on 1.
    Vhailorx said:
    Ice is as versatile.  Stun, aoe, single target nuke, self-accel, ap suppression.

Medusa is as versatile (ap generation, passive damage, board shuffle, tile theft, burst healing).

Carol is as versatile (ap gen, aoe, single target nuke, tile gen, tile boosting).

There are also a bunch of one-trick ponies that are really really good at one very valuable thing (rulk, cyc, etc).

There's a reason those characters are top tier and gwen isn't.  Gwenpool isn't bad.  But she is best at secondary skills that don't dominate the game (tile removal, boardshake, defense).  I will agree that she is a bit underrated.  But underrated isnt the same as very good.
    Vhailorx said:

• BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Just her and rulk?  You must mean gwenpool, of course.  Her aoe damage turns single target nuke in 1 on 1.
    RHulk's purple drains Gwen's green.  Her green will likely never fire.