The End Of Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Young Robot
Young Robot Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
Looking a the next update saying Thank You For Playing Marvel Puzzle Quest, which always hint at new characters, and since all these changes and stuff, bonus heroes, possible ddp changes, etc. Do you think this game is going out of business? I heard someone talking about rumors of devs being in money problems, but all I see is people dropping money in the game. What do you guys think, or can anyone validate?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is that there's been a lot of unpopular changes recently and there will be some sort of olive branch extended in the way of a 'free gift' of some kind. But that's just a guess. I do know the game is profitable and I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if they shut it down.

'Thank you for playing' could also mean they're adding the Gamemaster. (shrug)

With all the recent changes, who knows.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Arcade boss event confirmed!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Well, if that's the case, its a shame they dumped vaulting and an OML nerf on their customer base on the way out the door.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they are just skipping a new character....  if the game was ending there wouldn't be an update,
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I think they are just skipping a new character....  if the game was ending there wouldn't be an update,
    It'd be nice if we had some sort of "half Anniversary" thing, since we're halfway between 3 and 4. Fun events, better rewards, more ISO, maybe a shot at some Devil Dino covers, but no traditional character release to keep up with. Could help balance out some of the negatives we've dealt with recently.
  • bluewolf
    Hey, DDQ was improved before all the other changes.  Wasn't that enough?   :D
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Na not the end they just want to give us time to digest and accept the changes. They are problably getting ready for some guardians of the galaxy event.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    With guardians coming out in early may 5th.  They could have a bunch of stuff planned for the 2 weeks leading up and 2 weeks following.  They could do multiple 4 star and a 5 star release in that time.  That is my guess.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Yup, the above seems right. I think we are slated for a 5* next (two 4s then a 5 has been their M.O. for a while now).
  • Young Robot
    @mohio @Quest34 think it's possible for kitty pryde to be one of those 4 stars? Cause she's a guardian in the comics and I think she is a well requested character!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    @mohio @Quest34 think it's possible for kitty pryde to be one of those 4 stars? Cause she's a guardian in the comics and I think she is a well requested character!

She's also an X-men. So not a chance =P
  • Young Robot
    @Dragon_Nexus a boy can dream can't he?  :D
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    If they were ending the game, they would be releasing ridiculously overpowered characters and buffing everyone a lot in the 5 star tier to make people spend more money on their way out, not nerfing and pissing people off. They also wouldn't be making all these changes that are meant to improve the long term health of the game, for what is definitely a short term revenue hit (vaulting).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Dragon_Nexus a boy can dream can't he?  :D
    I'm still hoping for Singularity, Rescue and Dazzler. So I'm with you =)
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I have to believe that if my small/midsize company was grossing $100 million that I would keep it open for business. Pretty sure they're not closing.

I like the theories of preparing for Guardians movie.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    If they were going out of business there would be a Sale going on right now.
  • bluewolf
    Thanks for the clarification!  Perhaps note on the R124 thread would be helpful too.
  • Young Robot
    @Brigby thank you for dispelling any rumors!