Outright Theft

I watch in awe as the devs do their thing with OML. In a decision made by fiat, they nerf one of the best 5* into one of the worst. That in itself is not the problem. I used him a lot because of his health-pack saving possibilities, and I couldn't say that I wouldn't have minded a change. But in pve, I would have a great deal of trouble getting through a complete clear without using up all my health packs and then some if I didn't use OML. So, I was expecting the devs to offer something that would make pve a bit easier on the health packs, if they were going to take away OML (and if the devs don't think they have completely stolen OML from us, then they are absolutely kidding themselves). See the many comments about how useless he is in pvp with the nerfed healing.  

The real problem comes with the compensation. Obviously, the devs are only looking at the bottom line here, which is money. The problem is that they are not looking at enough of the big picture. Short-term gains can come at the cost of long-term viability, and losing players. The devs have no job if there are no players. Nerfing a 5* is not like nerfing 4*. People have put enormous amounts of energy, time, and money into getting a usable 5*. For many players, OML is that 5*, and for many players, he is the ONLY one they have. I normally think of theft as requiring at least equal restitution. What I am in awe of is how greedy the devs are. First they tell us that we could get one at lvl 255, then 300, and then every 30 lvls after that. Now that is changed so that one has to have lvl 367 instead of lvl 360. This might seem small, except to MANY players (like myself) who have OML at lvl 360. This means I would get LESS THAN HALF the covers of what I put into OML. It is a no brainer to me that the devs should be offering COVER FOR COVER. If you take away a character, AT LEAST give me enough covers to make another 5* that can take his place, and the ISO to lvl him to the lvl OML was at. I was tempted to sell OML even for 4 covers, if I could get a choice (though I thought that was an outrageous ripoff already). I am in no way tempted to get rid of him at less than half compensation for the covers. Devs, of all the ridiculous ripoffs I have seen in this game (and I have been around for about 2 years now), this has to be the most despicable I have ever seen.

You are killing the goose that lays the golden egg. Now all of us are wondering if any 5* is safe. We will no doubt see a lot more of Thanos because of this, but how many of us will be thinking, well, if I invest in Thanos, when will they nerf him? Nerfing 5*'s is different than 4*'s, as I mentioned, because in 4* land, there are many alternatives that are much more easily acquired than 5*. This despicable, devs. Words fail me to describe what you have done here.  

Comments

• greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    And let me add one more thing. The ripoff on compensation makes me very reluctant to take the devs word for it that their concern is the meta with OML being in 10% of all fights. That is then a lie. The real reason is immediate money. If you want to change the meta for good, then offer equal compensation. Then you will see a wide variety of 5*.