MPQ on ps4 or xbox one

RtW
RtW Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
Since I'm not motivated enough to play this on my ipad anymore after all that's going on right now I think I'm gonna play my ps4 version again. But you only have year one heroes there. So only 1, 2 and some 3 stars. I bought it when it came in the store but it never received new heroes or other dlc. Any change that happens in the future? Or are the console versions abandoned? That would be a shame too as I really like how you level your heroes just by playing them. Strange enough I always make other hero combinations in that version every game I play. As I'm not forced to always take the strongest hero combination as healing packs don't play a role in the console version!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

There haven't been any updates in something like two years.

Of course it's abandoned.

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    the console versions are kind of fun, but the dlc they already have is it
    and no X-23....... :'(
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor

If it didn’t have micro transactions, then its likely been abandoned. 

On the plus side, I hear Marvel Heroes is coming to ps4 and xbox one this year, so maybe that will  something you can check out (it will be free to play) for your daily Marvel game fix.  I know I’m going to check it out (not a PC gaming guy but I’ve heard good things about it). 

• RtW
    RtW Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Yes, Marvel heroes beta is coming this month I believe. And playing Marvel future Fight at the moment
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    RtW said:
    Since I'm not motivated enough to play this on my ipad anymore after all that's going on right now I think I'm gonna play my ps4 version again. But you only have year one heroes there. So only 1, 2 and some 3 stars. I bought it when it came in the store but it never received new heroes or other dlc. Any change that happens in the future? Or are the console versions abandoned? That would be a shame too as I really like how you level your heroes just by playing them. Strange enough I always make other hero combinations in that version every game I play. As I'm not forced to always take the strongest hero combination as healing packs don't play a role in the console version!
    Unfortunately, there are no plans to update the console version at this time.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Any plans to port this version of mpq to the PS4? I would be very interested in it to see it on a bigger screen. Also, I like how the Dark Reign version looks on the PS4 version compared to ISO mpq version. Seems like it would be much easier to hit the bumpers on the controller to select a character.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    The game on consoles is too expensive and has never gone on sale. Not many people have bought it because of those issues and the game has seen no support in return. An epic fail.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure Demi didn't actually make the console version of this game.  I think that was given to another company and d3 just helped with them porting the code