D3GO Information request

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
Hi all especially ( @Brigby ),

In light of a bunch of recent changes (that I have mixed views on). I thought it would be prudent to request some top line information that might help appease some of the masses around why certain changes are being made.

I see a lot of post with assumptions on testing, customer service, characters etc etc. But these are mostly based on little knowledge of the team behind this game.

Therefore I was wondering if you are able to share some overview such as:

10 developers working on new characters
5 developers shield clearance levels
3 developers (secret project)
1 developer new pve content
7 developers bug fixing
1 artist working on new characters
200 people in customer service

500,000 active players
10,000 customer service tickets a week.

I know sharing something like the above might not be approved but I feel like if we knew just how much resource or lack of is available even if it's not broken down by what they are working on might alleviate some of the noise our forum creates in complaints.

Some of the most well received posts in the past were ones where we got an insight into the development cycle and why the developers are making these decisions but these seem to have disappeared of late (probably due to the amount of major changes in a short amount of time).

This may not lead to anything and I'm well aware that a few hundred forumites don't hold sway with the larger scale data but we do all speak to the other 19 players in our alliance so you'd be surprised how fast news travels.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 doesn't develop the game. They're the publisher. Demiurge is the developer and they're notoriously tight lipped about how their game is developed and who does what.

Of the questions that you asked, D3 could only answer the ones about CS as that is the only area they have direct responsibility over that is covered by your list.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    mis read the op
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Also, if you read the credits in game, it actually lists the Demiurge team, the CS team, the D3Go team, etc. It was a bit out of date last I checked, but it gives you a good idea as to how big their teams are so you can at least understand why things take so long, etc.