Yet another thought on vaulting/RNG...

MPQ Log:  Day 1061:

I know, there have been many many posts about the things that have angered the player base (forum members) recently, but I'd like to pitch in too...

At first, I was like RNG?  Whatever, I'll take 'em as they come.  Vaulting?  I'll wait and see....and I've decided it has put it a serious twist in my pants.  I currently have 22 champed 4*s.  Now that Peggy has received the boot, that means that every single one of them is no longer acquirable via tokens and have been harder to come by than an infinity stone.  The only way to make people (and by people, I'm assuming that obviously everyone thinks the same way I do) hate RNG even more, is by making RNG a controlled RNG, and even worse, the RNG is controlled by the devs.  I used to be thrilled when I leveled a 4* to champion status, and now, it's just kind of..meh.  I'm not even excited about opening LT's anymore, or using CP.  Before, even though the pool was huge and getting bigger every 2 weeks, a 4* was a 4*, and there was hopefully some way that could be used to grow your roster and not feel like an added ISO burden.  Now, 4*'s have turned into a "Champ 'em while you can suckas!"...and well...that sucks.  To one point, I do enjoy the fact that I have a fully covered Medusa (lvl 200) far ahead of previous schedule for my personal cover acquisition.  And I see that she is a progression reward in the upcoming H.O.D. PVE, and even though I think she's amazing, I'm really not all that excited.  Because well, the newer released 4* covers are way easier to come by....

If RNG is going to be your thing, then obviously covers will be elusive.  It's the "possibility" and that "elusiveness" that is appealing to our little brains.  So a controlled RNG that seriously hinders the possibilities...well, that seriously hinders the excitement that keeps us playing.  Vaulting simultaneously hurts both sides of the 4* coin.  To the covers that are not attainable, those characters have lost their shine.  To the covers that are available, those characters have lost their rarity and perceived "elusiveness".

Comments

• JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Also, I know characters have to make their way through the system (2 PVE cycles before they are in the DDQ Crash, I think...), but putting older 4*'s in the progression would be a option to turn some appeal back to those progression awards....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    That 2 turn progression thing shouldn't really matter anymore. You make a new character crash ready in a month now. 

But yeah, vaulting has taken the fun out of champing. I honestly have no idea who to vault that isn't a current 12.  And like I don't want to vault gwenpool or spiderwoman over punisher, but I know that I'll get plenty of the formers covers in the next month they are still in the vault.